Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience - rogerfederer
first of all i want to thnk this forum for i have learned so much frm the people of this forum and it's discussions .i took the exam last week.personally i felt the exam somwht hard coz i had prblms in managin time .the concepts tested r simple ones,but i found little time to think abt them.so i for the last 5 Q's of each block i just went thru the stem of the q and answered without much thinkin(lack of time).for me most of the Q's r frm medicine and paeds.almost all surgery q's r frm trauma.gyn obs--imp ones,ethics---somwht confusin,,biostatistics--to my luck i got straight Q's in this.pshyciatry--heavily tested.

i studied for 3 months.studied kaplan notes,boards and wards,1st aid.did usmleworld 1 time.took nbme i month before the exam (later i felt i should have taken it before the xam)with a score of 490(bad score!!).

i will be glad to answer any q"s

good luck...for a great score...what do you think the exam questions were closest too???nbme 1?
Hi rogerfederer,

Congrats for finishing another step. How long did you finish your USMLEWORLD questions? I am taking it now but very slow. I can do only about 70 questions a day. How many questions did you do a day?

thanks and good luck with your socre.
But 490 is a great score if it was 1 month before the test.
You'll get a great score for sure.
Which test was the most similar to the real one UW or NBME?
Good luck
thnx sith and o2, i took nbme 3. the q's r not close but the difficulty level is same as nbme.i suggest u to take nbme in timed mode.i finished usmle world in 30 days.i can't say how many q's i did each day(varies ).i did usmleworld in tutor mode and wrote down the notes of imp concepts.now i feel it's better to take usmleworld in timed mode.i found usmleworld q's too hard.in exam u won't get tht kind of q's.easy and important ones somewht confusin,for most of the q's u have to decide between 2 answers .so better to study important ones again and again.for example i had 1 q----indication for excissional biopsy,,,a recently color changed mole or an actinic keratosis lesion .anyway thnx for wishin me.good luck for the xam and i hope u will have a nice exam experience unlike me.
thnx cmt0226,nbme is closer.usmleworld have some weird Q's,but the explantions they provide r simply excellent.
Thank you!
And you'll be fine I know that
Cheers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »