Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
祝大家好运! - caseasian
Very happily saw more and more many Chinese are applying. Myself felt very many program sedulously buys in us. Moreover our strength also more and more is as if strong.

很'640;兴看到越来越多的中国人在申请。

本人感觉很多program刻意吸纳我们。

而且似乎我们的实力也越来越强。

Is only individual feeling. Moreover, myself not necessarily can on match.

只是个人感觉。另外, 本人未必能match 上。
don't worry about age!!! there is nothing you can do to change it now. same thing for your scores. Look forward. But try hard to boost your CV with good publications (be first author + in good journals), excellent LORs particularly from clinicians (not PhD boss). observation or externship in good or top teaching hospitals (not pravite clinic or community hospitals) as many chinese are already working in academics. so you have a lot chance or advantage to make yourself as good as younger ones. GL
although we are old graduates, but most of us have research experience in top universities, have green card, we will get matched this year!
businessjmz, would you let me know how to get a physician assistant position? I mean, do you need to get specific certification for that? Thank you so much because I think that is also a good job.
I bet most of you guys will be matched this year as I know of last year.

By the way, I am in my intern year in one of the toughest IM programs in the nation, after many years of biomedical research. I occasionally drop by to see how the forum going. I used a different username, but I forgot my old password.

祝大家好运!
Good luck to us.
It is simple to get a physician assistant position if you attend and finish the 2 years PA program and pass the PA board exam.

I felt more confident to practice medicine in US if I have more clinical experience. In addition, I wanted to find out what my strength and weakness are. And the PA job market has been getting stronger over the past few years.
As most of you guys, I am an old graduate (95 graduate), have some decent publications in US, did some observership. I am still doing research at one of the good universities. I socred 89, 88 and pass on 1/2/cs, all with the first attemp.
I applied to almost 80 IM programs, 6 rejections and only 1 invitation from the most crappy program.
Applied for 40 pathology programs, 3 rejections so far.
So, pgy22, what do you think about my chance of getting into an IM program or pathology program?
I am a little bit worried now. Thinking about apply for some surgery preliminary programs as another backup because most people do not want to do that.
Thanks a lot.
中秋快乐!
tlcyj,
I know pathology programs are not very FMG friendly as enough interests from AMGs. IM is probably your better bet. It might be a good idea to try a few prelim surgery as a backup, however, you may not learn as much as in prelim IM. I think you will get more invitations. It is very hard to be patient and the game is still early. I had not taken my step2 yet last year at this time.
Best to you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »