Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dortor patient relationship - doctorsaheb
A 62-year-old woman suffering from diabetes and hypertension presents to a new physician. After the initial examination by the physician, and having been informed of the findings, she says, œWell, I™ve only ever graduated from high school, but I have complete faith in medicine. It has kept me alive so far. Tell me what I need to do.The physician™s best response would be which of the following?
A. œHow do you think you came to have hypertension?
B. œI™m sorry that you did not come to see me before this. You have two very serious conditions.
C. œWhat do you think would be best?
D. œWhat sort of changes are you willing to make in your life so you can get better?
E. œYou have two serious medical problems, but I think we can manage them if you take this medication I am prescribing for you.
D for the above qustion?
E is the correct ans since she is already willing to do whatever doc asked...then you just go ahead with the plan.....explaning what she has and management plan...
Yeah nishi..u r right...I was gonna respond but u've posted the answer soon Sad Anyway, since she has said that she has so high opinion of the medical practice, I would assume she would have very high compliance. Since it is not mentioned whether she is obese, the only management that is useful is prescribing medications.....so get right to it.
nishi r u confident its choice E . i think its D . because i learnt its the patient who decides what treatment he or she want . and more over this patient has changed physician . and one more rule always allow patient to talk . what do u say
i am still not sure about the hispanic question . do the doctor have to call the professional translator or should he call the housekeeper
hi
i think nishi is right.because the the answer d does not fit for the question here the patient is aware of her health and she says that she has faith in doctors and she herself is asking the doctor what she should do so in the explanation for d the doctor is asking a question to the patient he is not replying for the question the patient has asked .so i think e is the right answer
28 yr old man tell his psychiatrist that he hear voices telling him to kill his girlfriend . which of the following principles require that the physician inform the girlfriend that she is in danger

a good samaritan law

b irresistable impulse rule

c tarasoff 1 decision

d mcnaughten rule

e tarasoff 2 decision
it is C,
i think it is in Qbook
I'm confused between good samaritam law and tarasoff decision. BTW could someone explain what taraosff 2 decision is?

Ans: A
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »