Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
experts , ur opinion abt this yrs I/V calls - boki
Dear necker,

Thanks for all the replies,
No one has seen Spiderman/Batman/Superman,
You are real life superhero for us.
What is yr opinion abt John Hopkins associat: 1.University hospital 2. Siani 3. Baystate (all IM) programs.
Do they offer visa(type J1/H1b), prematch, chances of getting fellowships.
Hoping to hear soon from you.
Dear necker,

As everbody else in this link have pointed, ur replies and analysis are crisp and full of info for aspiring interns like us.

I guess you would be extremely busy but if u have time, can u give me ur valuable comments / opinions on long island jewish med centre, caritas st.elizabeth at bosotn and geisinger health system, PA - with regards to quality of IM program and fellowship oppurtunities later. Thank you very much.
Sausgi:

Obviously Hopkins is great:

1) University: Probably "the place". Extremely competitive. Unless you have previous experience with them and strong letters from their own faculty, your chances to be called are close to 0%.
2) Baystate: Still competitive, hard to get in for an IMG.
3) Sinai: the only thing in common with Hopkins is the name. But it is a community affiliated program, bad reputation overall, fill their spots with prematch mainly, I thonk they do offer H1 (unlike the first 2). Options for fellowship are not that great as far as I know.

Senprak:

LIJ is a fairly good place. I friend of mine interviewed there last year and he liked the place. University based, good size. Probably fairly good chances for fellowship.
Caritas St Elizabeth: it's ok I guess. It is a community affiliated program. Serves a very elderly population, nursing home basically, and it is a kinda private setting, which is usually not great for education. But, might be worth the visit. Fellowship chances might be not great, especially for specialties like cards or GI.
Geisenger I really don't know.
Hi necker
could you let me know about St.Vincents Catholic hospital,Brooklyn/Queens NY FOR FM,AND U of Minnasota fm programs?
How are these programs, do they offer premetches, How about ivs at these places?
Please let me know.
Thanks for your time.
I applied for IM so my knowledge for FM is very poor. I am sorry.
Hey necker
Please reply me whever you get tinme. Thanks,
I already did.
Thanks anyways.You are really very to all of us.
Hi necker,
i am impressed with your advise....
hats off 2 ur patience in answering th questions...I know u r busy with ur residency....appreciate if u can advise me regarding my position
here are my credentials:Confusedtep1:87,
step2: 84,
cs: pass(2nd attempt)
step3:pass
some usce with 3 US LORS. Applied for about 175 programs. One Interview so far. Can you tell me where do i stand in getting nterviews in IM. Depressed but do not know what to do. Appreciate, if you could give me some tips of improving my profile...
Thanks necker.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »