Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont feel like reading! - humerus
Halp! finished step 2 2months ago...and i just cant seem to get started reading seriously for step 3. its a supreme effort to even look in the direction of my books.

and if i dont pass step 3 soon.. no h1.. so no residency next year. thats pretty serious stuff.. so why isnt that sinking in?!?!

does anyone have anything to say to
1)motivate me
2)scare the hell out of me

both tactics might work..perhaps 2nd better than first. Sad
hii humerus v r on the same page..
then prep interview while preparing step 3.
dep.. its a terrible sense of guilt..

i need a big whack on the head right now. someone to wag a finger at me and threaten me to shape up or else..
library.. thats a good idea... unfortunately, thats all i do with my free time... research hospitals, followup.. read forums for new nuggets of information..sigh

anyway.. i guess the zeal to read must come from within.. Smile
I always set my dates and pay my fees and only then do I get serious.
You dont want all your efforts to go waste. Anyway I am not the one to motivate you, since I have s3 in 2 weeks and I am here posting stuff!
anyway getting away from the internet, by saying 'just because I am checking the internet 24/7, no PD is going to suddenly start sending out invites to me' might help!
finally go to a public library with your books and a lot of coffee:-)
considering Step 2 knowledge is so expansive yet 1/3 is part of Step 3.......how can you sit and let it "disappear" in your head?

re-consolidate what you need of it in your head....read .CRUSH/Boards and Wards...then get heavy with UW.

reading CRUSH/Boards and Wards gets you to fell comfortable.......so you feel studying is no drag.
do the Q's on the back of Boards and Wards, see how you do. Then try UW Q's for Step 3.

Compare what would happen if you took step 2 CK again as to what happens if you took step 3 instead. The difference will shock you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 3 is murderous......if you walk in "naked". No need to jump into "a cold pool" either.

Just go in little by little..........try what I said, you will see. What is scaring you is the intensity of effort one must put into these things. Doesn't always have to be so taxing.
Hey Humerus, I feel the exact same way as you do. I just took an exam in Aug and can't imagine sitting down to study! It's harder to study after a 'break'. I can ony get myself to do 50Q's per day, no reading at all!!
I think 'dr_ydm' is on the right track....this is a 'monster' of an exam. Can't afford to get us down!

Lets keep our spirits high and look forwards.!!
G'luk to all!
hey humerus, I wish you had given me an option of whip!!
hi
hmmmm....Thats what I term as "Amotivational syndrome without marijuana"....its notthe end of thye world.Ur ambitions are ur killers.Aim less and be more comfortable else do not complain as simple as it can sound.It gets worst when u start comparing, just dont compare n do what u have 2.Even I have the same problem u can call me preacherwithout practising what i say thats why i decided to stop studyingat least until i can decide what I will be happy with.no step 3 well not a problem, coz u will still get a residency and u alwayshave theoptionof looking for J 1 waiver jobs or i dont knowif u guys r from INDIA, Well afterthe training u will definitelyhave a wonderful career in a corporate hospital by then.
In the end nothing 2 lose..
thats how i feel.othersmay differ.

all the best to all of u n keep it going
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »