Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can somebody help me please -
Deeply disappointed

Hi Friends,
Our lives are filled with challenges, another propped up recently for me.When I found 3 days ago on getting to the OASIS it said that results are sent so I went to IWA that accepted again my step 1 application instead of CSA. I passed step 2 in my first shot of 3 months preparation.Althgough I have recalled 100 MCQ's with answers correctly yet apparently I did not make it in Step 1. I must get into 2004 match it is a do or die situation.It is extremely crucial that I pass step 1 and CSA.
I pray that I can do CSA as well before matching deadline of 2004.Few words of guidance is highly appreciated.
Some how I feel my heart wrenched to find result on ECFMG page and the Official score is not yet received for post mortem analysis.My problems are compounded by personal pressures as well.
Waiting for a supportive response, with genuine guidance please.
Deeply disappointed.
cheer up

I remember that it took a while for me to realize I did not pass the boards after the OASIS trick turned out positive. I thought that was the dead end of my life and couldn't get out of depression for few months. Now I think back, what a waste of time and energy that was... Please don't be too harsh on you.
For your timeline, I think you have a good chance to make the 2004 match since the latest you can apply is november. For what I heard from my friends, some residency directors accept the applicants without ecfmg certificat if your csa score is on the way. I think you should first concentrate on step 1. You should apply as soon as possible since it gives the time block of next three months at the time of application. For what I know, you can't apply for csa unless you have passed both step 1 and 2. Don't worry about other circumstances you have, but try to concentrate in study. Good luck and don't be too disappointed!
VM

u dont need to pass step 2 to take csa....but u do need to pass step 1
Deeply disappointed

Dear Cheerup,
Many thanks for your nice valuable comment. May God Bless you my friend for words of support means a lot during the down turn in life.Yes, I have applied on line for November and intends to take a date of 3rd November.
CSA I will try before the deadline.
Thank you VM too, yes I have cleared step 2.
Thanks again cheerup
Psuedomonas

If you are prepared for Step I in Octobar, you can still do paper application for Oct/Nov/Dec. Application can be printed from ecfmg website, mail it with overnight service as this must reach ECFMG before August 29. Just check your score first and see how much improvement you need this time. Do not take a premature attempt as you don't wanna fail again.
Good luck for everything.
Settling down Now

Hi friend pseudomonas,
Thanks for your valuable advice. First I tried for October but I was given November slot some 6 days ago for reason best known to ECFMG.
Moreover as you stated to check official results, I am still waiting for it. The time about 8 weeks in interim is a safer period to recoup and recaputilate the material. One thing that amazes me I have correctly recalled over 45-50 % of the MCQs from my exam fully verified for correct answers, yet I flopped on OASIS. I am praying that it was a narrow miss, so that I brush up the rest of my weaker areas.
Take care my friend.
Psuedomonas

Did you receive your result?
Settling down

Still waiting its been 9 days
Settled down

Hi Pseudomonas,
As you wanted to know my results.
I scored 74. Flopped with * and one X in Histology & Cell Biology and Genetics *XXXXXXXX lower side, the rest of the areas examined are cutting almost evenly across Lower to Higher performance.
I must brush up real hard for November got no way out of this mess.
Psuedomonas

Its good to know that you have settled now. 74 is the best score you can get in fail range and 75 is the worse score to get in passing range and you are stuck with it. First week of November sounds good. Have you passed toefl exam or not? If not I will suggest to take it right after your Step I or even before as they take more time to announce the results. You can not take CSA without taking toefl.
If you need Kaplan Q bank, let me know as I can help you. As I am taking Step I at about same time, may be we can share our e-mail address or phone #s. Let me know if it is ok with you. Talk to you later.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »