Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly tell me - lily05
Hello all,

I took step 1 got 80(1st attempt), cs pass(1st attempt), desparately gave ck and didnt pass.

i have applied for 60 fp and 30 pead???
do i have any chance or waht do u think i shd do???
I need visa, i am 2004 graduate and have 5 months of observership with 3 us lor's

i screwed up with scores.
plz give me your sincere honest opinion,
so far i got 4 rej and NO INTERVIEWS
Score of 80 or above in your step2ck will bring you a good chance for FP or pediatrics residency by considering your lors and observationship. Most of the programs with score cut-off, set it for 80. Despite that some programs ask for first attempt in both steps, but there are still a lot of programs that do not have a frist pass as a criteria. Do not rush to take your step2 ck before enough preparation,because a score lower than 80 or another failure may make a difficult situation for you regarding getting interviews. Good luck.
M,

sorry to hear that. just study hard and wait for next year's match. do not rush!!!!!!!!!!

your graduation yr and observeship will help you a lot next year.
I think you can gather courage and commitment, take time to encourage yourself. you can give ck in 2 months and get your scores by jan end or early feb....you can be be back in to the business. you may have to device new strategies to prep for CK. you are fresh grad and I dont think you lost your basics, but you need proper orientation.....
waiting for next year....well expect heavy competition and your CV wont look any better other than attempts.
good luck dont lose heart , I know its so rough to be in that situation.
thanks to everyone.

i dont know i am very unlucky and didnt expect my destiny to be so bad.

s,

thanks so much for ur concern at my bad times.
Hey! Pyasi.........Nice to see your sensible side here......
(We keep seeing your humour...........)
You woke up from your grave quite early today........
devil in need is devil indeed!!!
Wink
too many visitors to grave on sunday...pretty noisy.
Sad
Ha ha ha........
M,

focus on ck until you are ready. after that either do observeship or find a research lab as a volunteer. many labs offer a real job after 1-3 months of volunteer work. even if you are not offer a real job and get pay, you may get authorship in some papers and also LOR. search ccf and cwru. it does not make sense for me to rush to this year's match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »