Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant believe its over!---part one - malvika
Hello dear friends, i cant believe its time I would write this..have been waiting for the exam to get over and now it has and here I am! Sorry for not writing immediately...i was/am back on the bed with an extremely severe backache after the exam and though I had planned to go away for the last 2 days...couldn't do that on account of my backache. I shall write whatever i can right now and write some more tomorrow as I cant sit for long.
This was one of the most surreal experienes of my life...all your struggles,hard work and apprehensions..and then boom,boom--8 hours slip by in a flash!
I reached the center early..and my center staff was just wonderful..got thru the permit,id's, and started at 9:15 sharp I had a quick review of the tutorial and then did the first 2 blocks without a break.The first block was doable..not easy and not that tough..seemed to focus on antimicrobials with emphasis on pneumonias,some complicated drug interactions,MOA of neoplastic{favourite was doxorubicin and vincristine},4-5 Cts on lower limb lesions-knee joint hit posteriorly,ankle sprains and abdomen{which i think i messed up thoroughly--i knew the answers but couldn't place them on the CT],childhood infections{one was Kawasaki}, and tricky behavioural questions-u literally come down to 2 choices and then pick one and move on.There was one about a woman whoc had post partum depression and could not bond with the baby--what would u advise the husband??
Second was extremely tough---i felt like i was in a zoo---lots of mice,deer ,baboons--all involving gene expressions and very much at the molecular level...I have guessed for about 90% of this blockand felt really bad after it ended.Took a 10 minute break and started my 3 rd--this one seemed okay...patho with micro,patho with immuno...lots of integrations{Goljan is great!}...heavy focus on cardio--know atherosclerosis,all kinds of cardiomyopathies,know murmurs really well, 2 questions on fetal circulation with a picture ,ARDS with question on compliance,slides{excellant quality} on malaria,anemias with lab value interpretation.cant remember more from this one.
4th and 5th block were the toughest of all---its not that u dont know but u dont know enough..guys..they go really deep on the concepts..hads tons of physio and lots and lots of arrow questions--effects of drugs,ventilator settings, lots of q's on physiology of pregnancy _again i was stuck between 2-3 choices a sthe questions are so well worded, it just got hard to pick one},lots of anatomy--i knew the answers but unfortunately..again to choose them on the CT/MRI---I had lots and lots of CTS/MRIS/SLIDES---heavy emphasis on pictorial diagnosis and i felt so bad that never revised theCT before the exam..Very simple biostats-case control,corelations,just 2 calculations on PPV,sensittivity.
Sorry guys, have to go now.I am using a laptop on the bed and cant go for long..need to take a break but shall definitely post much,much more tomorrow..thank you my dear friends for all your prayers,good wishes and help..i love you all and God bless each and evry one of you and help you to reach your silver lining.Shall bebback tomorow.
wow malvika was just waiting to hear from u...
all the best for a great score..
GOD BLESS
GL
thanx malvika for sharing ur experience...just relax everything will be fine..may god bless u ....good luck...
Thanks for sharing with us what we all going to go trough, you will do fine and ace that score that you dream!!!
All the best
That was a great low down on the exam. Thanks for all the info.
I wish you the perfect score ever since I believe , u deserve it the most.
Excellent prep in such a difficult situation ...Smile
Good Luck for the result
hey malvika you did a great job completing the exam , dont worry you will get good score . Just relax and take care . thanks for giving us this experience , sent some more question next time

thxs 4 d info, wishing you success all the way! gl&gb
Dear Malvi,
nice to hear from u.
Take rest & get well soon.
ouccchh malvika ur exam seems to have been really tough.... but i am sure ull do very well considering that your concepts were super duper... goodluck and i hope u get an awesome score..
its over!!! i wish you a safe delivery and lots of happiness. take care sweetheart..
Hey malvika,
How are you? Hope you feel better....I wish you all the very best and as we all know, YOU ROCK and so will your SCORE.... :o) but for now, take rest and enjoy your time off...tell us good news soon....:o)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »