Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passing score 80% after jan 1st - waheed
is it true after jan 1st passing scoring for step 1 is 80% because most people in carribeans were tell me that but even my my brother was telling me that too.
this is wat i read on www.usmle.org

The Step 1 Committee is scheduled to assess the minimum passing score at its meeting on December 12-13, 2006. In its review of the minimum passing score, the Step 1 Committee will consider information from multiple sources including: 1) results of surveys of various groups (e.g., state licensing representatives, medical school faculty, samples of examinees) concerning the appropriateness of current pass/fail standards for Step examinations; 2) recommendations from independent groups of physicians and scientists who will participate in content-based standard-setting activities late in 2006, 3) trends in examinee performance; and 4) score precision and its effect on the pass/fail decision. The decision of the Step 1 Committee will be posted at the USMLE website. If the Committee determines that a change is appropriate, the new recommended minimum passing score will become effective for all examinees who begin their Step 1 examination on or after January 1, 2007.

this is wat i read on www.usmle.org

The Step 1 Committee is scheduled to assess the minimum passing score at its meeting on December 12-13, 2006. In its review of the minimum passing score, the Step 1 Committee will consider information from multiple sources including: 1) results of surveys of various groups (e.g., state licensing representatives, medical school faculty, samples of examinees) concerning the appropriateness of current pass/fail standards for Step examinations; 2) recommendations from independent groups of physicians and scientists who will participate in content-based standard-setting activities late in 2006, 3) trends in examinee performance; and 4) score precision and its effect on the pass/fail decision. The decision of the Step 1 Committee will be posted at the USMLE website. If the Committee determines that a change is appropriate, the new recommended minimum passing score will become effective for all examinees who begin their Step 1 examination on or after January 1, 2007.

hey guys it is bad news for me as i am planning after jan, is there any chance that passing score can be reduced rather then increase?

hey guys it is bad news for me as i am planning after jan, is there any chance that passing score can be reduced rather then increase?

80%?????????!!!!!!
my God!!!...by the time i'm 50...it might hit 90 something...
dude this sucks big time
80%?????????!!!!!!
my God!!!...by the time i'm 50...it might hit 90 something...
dude this sucks big time
i dont think so its abad new.. for imgs any thing lower than 80 is suicidal so it might be a 2nd chance for any one who get lower than 80... thats my view.. cus am new i might be wrong but even if u pass with 77 or 78 u need so much more that its better to fail and than take 90+...
am i right?
share ur views...
i dont think so its abad new.. for imgs any thing lower than 80 is suicidal so it might be a 2nd chance for any one who get lower than 80... thats my view.. cus am new i might be wrong but even if u pass with 77 or 78 u need so much more that its better to fail and than take 90+...
am i right?
share ur views...
a bad news i meant
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »