Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inspirations needed for an old IMG - jameswhite
Folks,

My test date is 11/25 but NBME predicts that I can only get about 80 on CK so I have to postpone it again till mid Dec. My aim is 90. I have not done my LOR yet, and ECFMG has not received the verification letter from my Med. School overseas. BTW, I also work full time. What the heck I send out about 30 applications on ERAS 10 days ago but so far I only get rejections, three of them. Will I have any chances in the coming Match?

I am very frustrated. My entire life is put on hold just for this. I don't want to wait for another year. And the longer I wait, the more the other direction of my career path will suffer.

Guys help me please.
Your best bet is to prepare for the scramble by which time your CK result will be available. Most programs only send out IV if you already have USMLE step 1 and Step 2 CK results.
Goodluck.
Your best bet is to prepare for the scramble by which time your CK result will be available. Most programs only send out IV if you already have USMLE step 1 and Step 2 CK results.
Goodluck.
i still have not taken CK but I applied any way. My plan is that if i dont feel comfortable with my NBME scores then i will not take CK until i am fully ready, even if that means foregoing MATCH this year. Too many people have told me that scores are more important than going for MATCH this year but I think some of that has to do with the fact that I am a 2004 graduate.
In your case, since you have applied to 30 programs and your LOR are not up, and most of the interview slots are already gone, i dont think giving your CK in haste will help your cause. So my opinion is to stay focused on CK, try to get the best score possible, meanwhile make sure your LOR and all other stuff with ERAS is ready for the scramble to maxmize your MATCH chances.

in the end, hang in there, make sure you apply to diverse programs to improve your chances and don't give up.

Good luck.
i still have not taken CK but I applied any way. My plan is that if i dont feel comfortable with my NBME scores then i will not take CK until i am fully ready, even if that means foregoing MATCH this year. Too many people have told me that scores are more important than going for MATCH this year but I think some of that has to do with the fact that I am a 2004 graduate.
In your case, since you have applied to 30 programs and your LOR are not up, and most of the interview slots are already gone, i dont think giving your CK in haste will help your cause. So my opinion is to stay focused on CK, try to get the best score possible, meanwhile make sure your LOR and all other stuff with ERAS is ready for the scramble to maxmize your MATCH chances.

in the end, hang in there, make sure you apply to diverse programs to improve your chances and don't give up.

Good luck.
Thanks Guys.
Thanks Guys.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »