Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
j1 waiver jobs - smart_doc
thanks friend for helping me with those queries.another question that comes to my mind is...

J1 is for 7 years so if
residency=3yr + fellowship=3 yr(maximum) only one year left to find waiver job...so is it adviced to find waiver job immediately after residency or can one find it after fellowship
dr necker plz reply this whenever u come online
dr necker plz reply this whenever u come online
i personally dont think there will be a difference in finding a waiver job before or after the fellowship.
coz if u finish ur residency in 3 yrs, it does not mean that u r entitled to stay in US for the rest of 4yrs looking for a waiver job.
for maintaining the status of J1 u have to show that u r progressing in ur training.
so, it doesnt make any difference if u have 4yrs after residency or 1yr after fellowship to find a waiver.
hope i addressed ur concern.
i personally dont think there will be a difference in finding a waiver job before or after the fellowship.
coz if u finish ur residency in 3 yrs, it does not mean that u r entitled to stay in US for the rest of 4yrs looking for a waiver job.
for maintaining the status of J1 u have to show that u r progressing in ur training.
so, it doesnt make any difference if u have 4yrs after residency or 1yr after fellowship to find a waiver.
hope i addressed ur concern.
smart_doc ,

if u r done with ur step 3 .... why r u even applying or thinking of J1 ?

J1 is not by choice ---- but if u get it ..... NO Problem...

U can see ur future as a cowgirl in TX where u get lot of waiver jobs.

wht batch r u a grad from ?
smart_doc ,

if u r done with ur step 3 .... why r u even applying or thinking of J1 ?

J1 is not by choice ---- but if u get it ..... NO Problem...

U can see ur future as a cowgirl in TX where u get lot of waiver jobs.

wht batch r u a grad from ?
Hi smart_doc, I agree with anamika1. J1 visa is not by choice...its only accepted by residents if they have NO OTHER CHOICE or as last resort back up plan. My advice for all the people who are thinking of getting J1 visa is to rethink, research more about visa waiver jobs and see for YOURSELF the limited number of available position present, and then go ahead and take step 3 so that you can get an H1 visa.

Getting a J1 visa waiver job is not an easy task...it could take more than a year to find it. In addition trying to get a J1 visa waiver job after fellowship is tougher to obtain then after residency. This is because the vast majority of waiver jobs are positions for general practicioners. These jobs are usually in rural areas where the demand for a specialty doctor is much lower than a demand for a general doctor (i.e. IM, FM, or peds doctor).
So in theory even though you may be able to get a better fellowship under a J1 visa...trying to get a waiver job after that fellowship is a tough rocky road.
Hi smart_doc, I agree with anamika1. J1 visa is not by choice...its only accepted by residents if they have NO OTHER CHOICE or as last resort back up plan. My advice for all the people who are thinking of getting J1 visa is to rethink, research more about visa waiver jobs and see for YOURSELF the limited number of available position present, and then go ahead and take step 3 so that you can get an H1 visa.

Getting a J1 visa waiver job is not an easy task...it could take more than a year to find it. In addition trying to get a J1 visa waiver job after fellowship is tougher to obtain then after residency. This is because the vast majority of waiver jobs are positions for general practicioners. These jobs are usually in rural areas where the demand for a specialty doctor is much lower than a demand for a general doctor (i.e. IM, FM, or peds doctor).
So in theory even though you may be able to get a better fellowship under a J1 visa...trying to get a waiver job after that fellowship is a tough rocky road.
i will tell u why i said j1 would be better.....it is all about the fellowship i am keen on doing
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »