Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it difficult to do a fellowship in H1 than j1 - gmh
Dear colleagues,
just read the discussion regarding j1 waiver jobs. My primary aim of going to us is to get into a good fellowship. I am planning to take my step3 in the next two months since i was under the impression it will give me a h1 visa which would be useful when i apply for fellowship and stuff. But from what i read on this website, it seems to be otherwise. why is it hard to do a fellowship after a j1 visa than a h1 visa? confused. Any clarifications would be welcome.
Things are like this. When you apply to residency, and want H1 you will find out that maybe 50% programs are willing to sponsor this, mostly community programs. J1 is accepted by >95% programs. The scenario is even worse for fellowship since even less programs are willing to sponsor H1. So the options available are fewer and the competition is higher.
Things are like this. When you apply to residency, and want H1 you will find out that maybe 50% programs are willing to sponsor this, mostly community programs. J1 is accepted by >95% programs. The scenario is even worse for fellowship since even less programs are willing to sponsor H1. So the options available are fewer and the competition is higher.
Dear necker,
If a resident on H1 joins fellowship, he would be taking H1 transfer and not H1 sponsor which in my view should be acceptable to many more programs. What is your view?
Dear necker,
If a resident on H1 joins fellowship, he would be taking H1 transfer and not H1 sponsor which in my view should be acceptable to many more programs. What is your view?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »