Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All prematch spots have gone? Please clarify !!!!! - tough
I just checked NRMP program quota and found most programs had given all their prematch, if the quota# are correct there.

For example: Bornx Lebanon only has 14 spots left. That is the exact number they left for the last match. Same for for interfaith (4 left); St Mary in Missouri (4 left). Western Reserve in Ohio (3 left). But St Barnabas Hosp-NY still have 20 spots left, and we all know that it only leave 4 spots for the match every year.
Also, Caritas St Elizabeths Med Ctr-MA had 10 spots weeks ago. But today it has only 5 spots left, exactly # they left for the last match.

What a crazy year. I hope I am wrong because I am so scared:I scheduled all my interviews in dec. and now looked like programs had given most their spots out in early Nov. and just little left for us.l
where exactly are you looking this info, can you share the URL.
Hey tough

u need to be tough and dont come to quick conclusions.
those number of positions mentioned in NRMP are the number with which that particular program goes for match and the remaining positions are given as prematch until match day.
The number u mentioned for Bronx lebanon has been the same even before they started interviewing.
Hope this helps

GL
Hi tough

I checked 8 programs few weeks back even before interviews started in NRMP and i again checked it today. The number of positions remains the same and many of them offer prematchs. For example Cook County had 11 positions end of october in NRMP and they still have them but they have totoal of 54 positions.

Dont get scared and dont scare people,

GL for ur match

Hello tough

I dont think the programs keep updating the database on a daily basis. When they dont reply to interview scheduling in one day, its impossible they would be so cautious to keeep the infor up-to-date on NRMP.
programs will update the number on Jan.31st 2007. Those numbers you saw in nrmp is for 2006. Time for fixing the number for 2007 hasn't come yet. Go to NRMP website and check the important dates.
Thanks, guys. That was what I thought.

Maybe some programs updated their quota # recently(like St Barnabas Hosp-NY, which only 4 spots left after last match) and some did not. But I am still little confused. Anyway, I do hope it was the old record for last year.

Santabanta, go to NRMP and log in. on the left upper corner you will see a button "directory". Click it and search the program. you will see the quota#.

GL to everyone!
Hi there, can you show me how to look in those number ? thank you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »