Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some useful tips .... - pc_pc
1. try to attend about 10-15 interviews to be safe. 6-7 top tiers, 5-6 medium, 3-4 lower ranks
2. ask for the program's policy to sponsor visa during the interview
3. its a very good idea to ask for OPT from the program for applicants who already have a masters. it helps a lot lin green card processing later on and saves money too in your first year
4. get in touch with your seniors/known residents at the program you interviewing it and mention their names during the interviews. PD might ask their opinion about you.
5. never praise another program in front of the program.
6. always comment on the strengths of the program and their website info( if there is any) during the interview
7. if they ask tell us something about yourself, mention only strong points in your CV on which your comfortable talking at lengths. TALK SLOWLY. ACCENT doesnt matter.
8. university programs usually dont ask for a case presentation.
9. most average comm. programs get many of their slots filled by december end. if you relying on prematches, dont expect them in january.
10. be nice and soft to program secretaries. and dont forget to thank them after interview. dont over do it. one time thanks verbal or written is enough
11. send a final interest showing letter in the last week of january to all of the programs, i.e just before they meet to finalize their list.
remember interviewing is not a process of selection. what i felt was the list had already been made by the time you interview. what you can do is only lower ur chances if u unable to present and speak well during this process.
thnks.gl
thnx buddy
Just to add one more point

Be considerate when you interview,open doors for fellow applicants,dont shove them,show team spirit,some program notice that(especially university programs).Dont be too competitive and forget simple courtesy,remember team spirit is one of the trait they want in a candidate
Kita, if we're interviewing together, you can bet I'll open doors for you!
sure,I know you will for me and any young XX,you are a perfect GENTLEMAN,happy Thanksgiving
lol Kita, you're right. At one interview, I couldn't help but flirt with one of the other candidates. She's a pretty woman from Venuzeula...I hope I bump into her again ; )

Kita...when's your next interivew...and how's your thanx giving day going? R & R?
Tuesday
hpope i will get to eat in a nice itaian grill,so I can be relax for the next day
Tuesday, me too...I'm driving right through the bible belt on monday...you're going to be around that part of the country by chance are you?

ooohhh...nice Italian grill! Have fun with it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »