Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaints about the Interview process - tpoed
If you feel unfairly treated or discriminated against when you attend your interviews, please don't be silent.
Do something about it. I don't mean writing on this forum. What's written here has no effect after you sign off.

The only real way to force change is to protest.
Every time you observe favoritism or discrimination, write to a newpaper in that city where the interview occurred.
Publicize it and ask why it's allowed, give specifics.
Since most of the hospitals we interview at, receive city, state and federal tax dollars discrimination in any form is not allowed.
agree with you tpoed.... but considering unsure match result, I would remain silent rather than lightening volcano.. most of the program are aware of each other... if you criticize one program, other program would be on defence on hiring you, as the second program would see it self at first program's place in future... I would rather wait till match result and then take action as you mentioned, as it will not only confirm my position in other program, having position in other program would also add weight on my critics for guilty program... just my opinion...

good luck..
Can you share your experience with us?
just as I said, when I got position, I would definately share my experience in media and in this forum too... till then keeping my mouth shut..

I suggested writing a letter to the newspaper.
Newspapers don't work for the hospitals and I'm sure would love nothing better than to expose dirt in the the hospital system.
How would that affect anyone's chances of getting matched?

Try to remember: one of the virues that attracts so many to move to the US is FREEDOM Of THE PRESS.
Don't start insinuating that people must keep their mouths shut.
That's old world mentality.
http://usmleforum.com/forum/message.php?id=142793
There is no more freedom in America,

the site at their airport will define what freedom is not.

Those were old usage.They lost their freedom after 9/11.

Travelling now is a nightmare to me.

God Bless America
I agree with this duo to my personel experience at one of hospital. the interviewer was taking about 30 minutes for interview of candidate and when she asked about my country she ended mine in 2 minutes without asking any questions .I had to spend about 500$ for travel/stay and she spoiled it in two min. DO YOU PEOPLE THINK I SHOULD CONTACT DIRECTOR AGAIN AND TELL THAT I WAS NOT SATISFIED WIT THAT AND I WANT IT AGAIN WITH SOME OTHER PERSON.
I don't think it would help to complain to the PD of the programs where this is happening.
I think they know about it and encourage it.
I think we need to find people with some power who can approach the PD, ask for an explanation and do something to make it change.
That is why we have to go outside the individual hospitals.
step4 how are you sure you didnt do well on the interview and she ended it early,why are you paranoid about your country of orign.BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE,even if others think otherwise,afterall you are better off in programs where you are appreciated rather than where you are not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »