Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am depressed - loom
I feel very bad when I think of step1 .Now i am studying for step2 My step one result is low i got 219(89) friends how bad is this one how should i make my self ready for 2008 matching
how long will it take to master step2
I appreciate your advise
with best reagrads!
Hey loom, your step 1 score is good and you should be focusing more on doing your step2.
Honestly i think you should change your negative way of approaching issues(usmle in this case, despite your good score).I am sure you have heard about or seen people with scores lower than yours and yet they're in residency.
Life is all about how you view it.Try and be optimistic because great scores in 90s but with a very low self esteem could be destructive to you.
Good luck to you.
89 is a good score, and you should be proud of it!
for step 2ck the preparation time depends on a lot of factors:
- how much time you have during a day (do you work, etc)?
- how much time did you need for step 1?
From my experience, with very good concentration and if you're really focused you don't need more then 3 months if you study full time. But you have to think positively, and have trust in yourself, because if you don't have it, it's very hard.
Step 2ck it's much easier compared with step 1, so you will probably get a higher score putting the same amount of effort.
Good luck and all the best.
My friend who scored 84/85/CS pass all first attempt got 5 interviews. So keep your hope up. Anything above 80 is a positive thing, especially when it was done at first attempt. Get some USCE is more important than scoring high in 90s, to some extent.
And my other friend who is graduating next year scored 86/89 but she got a six-months subinternship and she applied to some 40 IM programs, got 6 interviews. Out of the six, she got 2 prematches, but she ended up in matching into her second choice. So get USCE and make your CV look more attractive.
If I am a PD, the applicants like loom, who tend to drive others become crazy, will not have any chance even for interviewing.
this guy loom must be crazy for some reason . How come 89 is a bad score. He must be kiddding or sick. Do you see any difference between 89 and 90 unless it is psychological. You must be very crazy guy. get out of this forum if you have this attitude. You don't deserve a residency at all. With this attitude you will flunk your step II Ck .That is what you want us to say. Got it.
condi, nice reply..some people are ungrateful and may be crazy..if i got that score i will be dancing all over the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are many clowns in this forum, and this guy is one of them..go to showbiz loom!
good for you. its a good score. i dont know what you are smoking that is distorting your thinking and leading you to believe that its a bad score.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »