Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lets find answers to these question - usmlenew1
plz send all your answers atonce ,because when you send it separatly it confuses people who wants to read it

thanks for your cooperation

Some remembered qs : by Dr luckyalways & dr_80 & sov

1- Cells which have histamine granules basophils

2- Tissue histology done after injury to tissue, neutrophils seen, what caused this change C5a

3- A man brought to hospital after an accident , histology slide of prostate given , what is the change present , options were like hyperplasia , atrophy, sepsis , infarction ( not sure about answer )

4- Cross section of lower limb given , asked about the muscle causing lumber lordosis, there were arrows pointing to different muscle groups

5- Adenovirus DNA taken n hybridized with mRNA , slide was shown to tell what change occurred , options were mutation, transformation , RNA splicing etc

6- Forearm fracture , pic given , asked about what possible loss of function occurred in patient

7- Typical case of Saturday night palsy ( full history given ) asked about nerve damaged .. radial

8- Blood morphology of marcrocytic anemia , asked whats probable cause of it ileal resection

9- Calculation for stroke volume

10- Calculation for odds ratio

11- A group of people given a new drug and other group given placebo . whats the study design . Clinical trial

12- A question about case control study design

13- A question about a study design & asked what was wrong with it and what bias was expected

14- A child bought with history of upper respiratory tract infection , probable cause viral , was asked the structure of culprit virus

15- A case of molluscum contagiosum ( pox virus )

16- Painful ulcer on genitalia , causative agent asked

17- A patient with history of travel , presenting with history of watery stools , pics of organisms shown giardia

18- A patient with history of fatigue , weakness , a lot of lab investigations given along with blood morphology , asked which leukemia she was suffering from

19- A child with history of bulky fatty stools and many episodes of URTI . Cystic fibrosis

20- A person with history of wild flailing of right upper limb .. left subthalamic nucleus damage

21- Person with history of slow movements , resting tremors , expressionless face ( probably a Parkinson™s case ) , midbrain section given & asked about what gene is defective ( wasn™t really able to figure out anything since all options were so new to me )

22-cell of TB---macrpghaes,neutrophil

23-man has mobile swelling in right nipple...and also painful left breaset-----option were gynocomastia,mastitis,breast carcinoma

24-patient has truama on head..bleeding from nares..fracture of ethmoid bone...======== option are nasophrangeal carcinma, olfactory,....

25-Patient has fever physcian treat it as cold...surgical removal of nasal poly....eosiophilic cells....options are cystic fibrosis,allergic rhinitis,.naso pharayngaeal carcinma

26-patient as 10mm induration for PPD considering positive PPD,now if 5mm induration for positive PPD.........option are incidence increae,prevalence not increase and stuff like that

27-patient has DB...toe is amputaed.....and pain in foot which wake from sleep....DRSAL PEDIS ARERY,SURAL NERVE AND STUFF...

28-patient have prosthic heart valve,now planning to clean her teeth after 2 week..what medicine physcian give to her.
I/V or orally

29-a pt start recent job..lose 3 kg weight...she is okay when she is at home or in holiday but not feel good when in office ...wake up early in the morning...diagnosis

malingering

factious

major depressive

conversion

30-Trophozoites in the stool,pain in the abdomen,fever what organism

giardia
entamboea histolytica
entamboea.amelia??

31-.Drug for acne responsible 4 photosensitivity? no tetracycline in choises.

32-Newborn,lethargic hypotonic and cystic masses in brain which enzymerelated to pyruvate dehydrogenase enzyme complex) is deficient?

33-thirteen year old girl with hx of sexual promiscusity and smoking... choices... tell parents, teach contraceptives and advice about smoking

34-Normal distribution SD 1.8... choices 68 P, 99 P, 95 P

35-Infant with fever in ER given popsicle to check oral intake.. hispanic... mother refuse since cold foods CI in fever in their culture..... choices ... explain that the child needs it.... call a hispanic speakign resident, obey th emother

36- Tissue of origin of Meckels Div (picture).... pancreas, gastric etc

37- Lady wth hand injury in a skiing accident landed with outstretch hand what bone was fractured (picture of hand)... lunate, scaphoid etc

38- CA of trigone of bladder...wheres the met... ant wall of vcagina, post fornix, vestibule, ant fornix

39-Relationship of medication to sleep latency (3 pictures of graphs to interpret)

40- Question on alpha error.....computation

41-Counterstain of gram staining and how it works in a cell

42-I got the question with the giardia too.

43- A case of HUS on a pregnant woman

44- Several questions with Vit B 12 as answers... mostly alcoholics

45- First trimester pregnancy with ovarian cyst (big)...excise or not.. ( i am not thinking, if they ask questions like this in step 1, how difficult clinical will be Smile

46-Ampicillin,the regimen and dosing is,i think, out of scope of step 1

but when amoxicillin will give one week before procedure , oneweek after procedure...ine the middle of procedure

47-a girl has 28 days cycle..physcian do her hormone test...on the day 26 what hormone will be increase ---------option are FSH,LH,TSH,HCG...

48-Patient come at clinic...that his lims and finger increase in size and his ring size is decrease----------option Growth hormone,TSH,ACTH

49-Patient is hyperthyroidism...during prcedure one nerve is cut..what is complication....option are vocal cord parepresis

50-women is melting her house paint because it was old...doctor told do not do it again avoid that type of fumes----------treatmet is what------------option succmer

51-a child come at phscian with complain of cough and weezing,her mother is a smoker what will physcian tell to mother..

52-Asthma and passive smoking has strong association

53-anti phycotic drug causes dry mouth and constipation...option are haliperidol,carbamzepine..

54-bloos supply of ist aprt of duodenum

55-another question patient has gastric content into lungs----------option zeker diverticulum,mekel diverticulmm,peritoneal leakage,,fistula.

56-anothe question...a nurse use iodine before giving insulin why---------to sterlize that area from virus,bacteria and fungi

57-sausage shape deformity of joint-------------option osteoarthritis,rheumatic arthritis,gout,anklysing spondilitis

58-infant blue when cry...option TOF,Transposition of great vessel,VSD,ASD,PDA

59-they cover most of the topic of biostats.like asked about selection bias,confidence intervel,std dviation,case control studies,cohrt studies.....lots of calculation nearly 20 question on biostats

60- Lymhocytes exclusively release which cytkine .. TNF ?? IL-2

61-Which substace from neutrophil damage chondrocytes in arthritic .. ??

62-what is injured during the repair of hiatal hernia ?

63-gene for syndactyly and polydactyly
1 n 2ans already gven
3.hyperplasia?
4?
5...transformation..adeno is vector
9 Stroke work =SV X HR so SV= Stroke work /HR
16...H.ducryi
23..gynecomastia
25..allergic rhinitis
27 dorsalis pedis artery if peripheral vascular diesease is there
if not then sural nerve may be cuz of NEG am not sure
hey usmlenew1

i forgot to give you my email------btykhan

i wish i could solve the qs but can't......thanks a lot for complying those...
53-anti phycotic drug causes dry mouth and constipation...option are haliperidol,carbamzepine..
A: haloperidol

55-another question patient has gastric content into lungs----------option zeker diverticulum,mekel diverticulmm,peritoneal leakage,,fistula.
A: Fistula (T-E Fistula)
57-sausage shape deformity of joint-------------option osteoarthritis,rheumatic arthritis,gout,anklysing spondilitis
A: RA
58-infant blue when cry...option TOF,Transposition of great vessel,VSD,ASD,PDA
A: TOF

60- Lymhocytes exclusively release which cytkine .. A: IL-2

61-Which substace from neutrophil damage chondrocytes in arthritic .. ??A: elastase

62-what is injured during the repair of hiatal hernia ? A:phrenic n.?

63-gene for syndactyly and polydactyly????? A:?
yani look at your email
beauty i will sned you all of that when i finish it,i guess i can send it tomorrow
for 53--- low potency drug causes anticholinergic symptoms -- chlorpromazine or thioridazine

haloperidol and fluphenazine will cause EPS ... as they are high potency
63 is hox genes
28...oral
29 either maligering or major depression
30 Giardia
31 photosensi
32..din understand the q but if i din get it wrong then answer shud be keto acid dehydrogenase ...enzyme using the same cofactors as does PDH
33..teach contra
will do the res later
43 i think its cuz of low platelets due to fluid accumulation called gestational thrombocyopenia.corect me if i am wrong
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »