anyone with some info on Jersey city medical cente - laligurans
I have interview there on Jan. anyone with any info
do they offer H1b
what kind of program is it, good or bad,
do they offer prematch
anyone interviewed there before ?
Please
JCMC, NJ, IM?
I actually got a few weeks of USCE at this place, but not in IM.

JCMC moved into a new hospital a couple of years ago, I've never seen it...but I saw the old one. The new center is located in the heart of Jersey city. It's a state of the art building and is definitely pleasent to work in according to some people I know from there.

The program IM, to the best of my knowledge is a good program. It's a community program, where the atmosphere is supposed to be good. People are pleasent to work with in a NJ sort of way. There's a large spanish population in NJ and so most of your patients as well as hospital employees speak spanish. If you speak that language, then it is definitely a plus and you'll have no problems communicating with patients. However, if you don't know spanish, it's not much a problem b/c there's always someone around to help you.

I'm not sure about fellowships at this program or where their graduates go. If you need that information, then you should visit thier website. Also, thier website should tell you their policy about visas, otherwise you could wait until your interview and discuss it with them. Your other option is to call them or email them with your query.

GL
For IM...............Community program,
Excellent atmosphere in a brand new building.....can hav nice views of manhatten from the building.
Teaching is good....evidence based medicine.
No felloewships in the program.
New P.D. is a pleasant personality.
with 2 additional PGY1 positions(this yr. 19)......only 3 or 4 r given in prematch. To enhance your chances of prematch, get ready for clinical questions during interview. GL

thanks all for the input. Yeah I was indeed talking about JCMC, NJ, IM program.
Thanks again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »