Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need your opinion - madlen
I just call to one program to ask if they have any interview opening and was got immediately rejected. PC didn™t ask even my AAMC ID. I got very depressed and disappointed. Can you tell me if PC usually annoyed by phone calls and easy for them just reject applicant right away so he will not bother them anymore? Is it worth calling to programs or makes it worst? Thanks in advance.
how can u be rejected if u did not give aamc id?
Person who answers telephone did not ask my ID #, she told that they decided not to interview me without even looking at my documents. I think that was very unprofessional of her. If there are no slots left she should simply tell me that.
unfortunately dear... we cannot control their mouth... wow what a world it would be if we could ;-)
Dear ganja_doc thank you for reply. What do you think should I try to call to other program and ask for open slots? Do you have any experience with this? I™m really feel down.
this is my opinion: if you respect yourself, send an official letter to PD/chair of the department (by snail mail or email or both), and tell what happened during your conversation with PC in a very polite way. If you haven't recieve any apology or satisfactory reply, report this action to AMA or AAMC by snail mail.
p.s. you wont lose anything, you have already been rejected by them. Try to be very polite in all of your corresepondence.
I dont agree with chcentaur

BTW AmA AAMC does not have juridiction in this case,moreover they did not break any law,and remember is your word against theirs

They own you no apologies

It may be,we are not inviting candidates so dont even need your AAMC number

Agree with KITA
Dont take it personal
they probably receive 1000 calls per daydont expect them to interrupt their day to look into your info and on top the PC does not take final decisions about IV
but don't forget that we pay for applying to programs and this is their duty to review our application, otherwise they can mention in their website that they only review a certain number of application (first come first served) as a few programs announce it in their site. Otherwise they must review all applications or at least pretend to do that. I think it's not morally and officially right to tell someone that we decided to reject you without reviewing your application. If they finished with their IVs they could have simply said that we are done with our IVs and if you've not heard from us up to now, it means that you're not invited." like many other programs. I understand that many programs do not review all applications, but at least they can reply in polite and rational way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »