Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCP/MRCS vs M.D(USA) - sith
hey everyone now answer this .

i took my stelp 1 two months back and now studying for step 2 which will INSHALLAH be over in next few months . then i was planning to attempt for mrcp 1 and 2 . and after joining residency i was planning to attempt PACES . COZ i heard that if u work in a US hospital for 3 years u become eligible for PACES . just pass it and u get the degree. so i can have both MD and MRCP degree. what do u guys think . is it posssible . and can u guys tell me that is it possible to pass MRCP 1 AND 2 after both the steps , i mean does the steps help . thank u
doctorsaheb, yes thats wat some people do. but who wants to do mrcp after otaining board certification in us. its waste of time/money..

btw mrcp is easier degree overall.. just clear paces after completing residency in us without taking mrcp1 or 2.
oh that great . so u dont need to take MRCP 1 AND 2 . that really great . i have plans to settle in middle east for a while . so thought if i had an MRCP tagged to me along with US degree that would be awesome . coz middle east people prefer MRCP very much . i heard docs getting payed 50k 100k riyals or dirhams . what say !
take it from a person who has spent a lot of time in ME that they dont pay u nearly as much as in the USA and ur posted in a lot of rural areas (which are very depressing). but yes the mrcp helps..
In my country, MRCP is more widely accepted and highly considered than US degree.But personally, MRCP is a dumb exam.....the exam tests on how well can they fool you rather than proper practical knowledge.Its irritating giving exams like those!
concluding remarks???
What is the main question? If MRCP is advantageous to get interview/residency?

Just MRCP itself is NO, because it is just a title you get for being qualified. Only with clincal experience together with MRCP, you are advantageous in getting in good residency program. Also you will be confident/skillful in hospital too. So only experience is the factor, not the MRCP itself!

If you have decent USMLE score (over 90 in both steps), you don't need anything else. You are done! You have low USMLE score and just MRCP (no clinical experience), then the story will be different (tough to get residency)!

The bottom line is that US system is higher than UK as PLAB (licensing exam in UK) is easier than USMLE (licensing exam in US). That's all we can say now. You need to compare apple to apple.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »