Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCP/MRCS vs M.D(USA) - sith
sith,i think one should appreciate what mrcp is all abt..test them and u will realise what clinical skills is all abt..its nt abt knowing abt volumes of books but most important is to diagnose clinically every case and need to justify every inv including CBC..thats all mrcp is about...its a pure clinical exam.
o cummon mikez............if cinical diagnosis is the criteria and clinical skills our home trained physicians in Pakistan are much able any day!!!
Its not about who's better.. its about survival. I've gone through #&^@ last 7 years here in US. Thats why when I say a doc is a doc no matter where, that has a meaning.

Getting residency in US is becoming more and more difficult and I think within next 5-6 years, the system here will jam. The system is now being completely revamped as they are trying to integrate DOs into the system. Now all they need are more nurses. I think american will intake about 100,000 to 500,000 nurses into the system to improve healthcare and keep the number of MDs as least as they can.
i am talking abt exam..the exam is very clinical and i have high regard for the exam as i have developed many good clinical skills after that..i have no second thoughts abt that.
Shankar,
The US system is already totally jammed Smile 7000 will not match this year.. that the evidence.
let me put in my 2c

as a fresh grad with no major clinical experience - i cleared my usmle with decent scores.
then by just solvin onexam for 1month - i cleared mrcp 1.
now preparin for mrcp2 so as to be upto speed once my residency starts.
mrcp1 and 2 are jokes of an exam. any1 who has given the s3 can pass them with minimum of effort. no clinex required.
however u have never ever in ur entire life come across a bigger monster than paces. and that is the true defining exam of a physician.
as to whether md/dnb are the same in level of tuffness. i dont know. but mrcp1 and 2 are mcq based and a piece of cake.

apurva
hats off too doctor appruva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you see the difference , they rate MRCP/MRCS as post graduate exams and M.D usa as a licensing exam....how very unfair!!
well PACES is the real killer thats what a good clinican evolve..well i tread a different path and i gave mrcp exams first and i found usmle very easy..infact i never read medicine,pathology,pharma when i gave usmle...
every exam is an experience for an individual.
what did ya get in steps mikez??
bcoz uk situation has become very bad for asians like us with the euro league thats why i gave.And like apurva feels he studied one mth for part 1mrcp,same goes here for me as i gave my step1 in 5 weeks and step 2 3 weeks and my friend just did study for 3 weeks for step1 and step 2...i can tell you that all the exam is interlinked and help in other exam.if u give australian exam ,there will be same ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »