Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Abrahamreg.CALCITONIN - jovana
Yes Abraham you are rigth..as I said before opposit of PTH ..
So if we summarize the PTH :
--------- PTH =ncrease BONE reapsorption, realesing both Ca2= and phosphate from bone -CALCITONIN -INHIBITS..
PTH -KIDNEY -increase calcium reabsorption in the DISTAL nephron-decreasing calcium excretion.

CT (calcitonin ) sensitize adenylalete cyclase -lowers calcium reabsorption, BUT renal effect are not WELL undrstood.

-------------PTH =Increase Ca2+ absorption from the INTESTINE indirectelly by stimulating renal production of 1.25 (OH)2D3
Color Atlas of PHysiology , pg 256 read " some gastrointestinal hormones increase the realese of CT,which promote sthe incorporation of postprandially absorbed Ca2+ in the bone.This effect together with a possible RTERADING INFLUENCE of CT on digestion, prevents postprandial hyprecalcemia, which would result in an ( in this case ) undesirable inhibition of PTH realese and, as a consequances, increased renal excretion of the recenetelly absorded Ca2+.

I THINK THAT NO QUESTION LIKE TGHIS REGARDIN CT on INTESTINES WILL BE ON USMLE -1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now from the

thx jovana for ur efforts
u are hard working
You to Abraham and I am going to start to post some nice questions now, OK ?
post bioch questions,i will read them as i review my papers, i have to finish 150 page tonight so i will log on forum every while
thx
I don't have any bio rogth now..but the LET'S SEE..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »