Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wat wud u do? - bonjour
i have a prematch offer for peds from crozer chester. i attended 12 interviews for peds and this program is not my topmost choice. i am keen on suny downstate, maimonides and chom but i havent heard from them so far, niether in the form of reply to thank u letter, nor a prematch offer. what should i do now?? shud i leave the idea of match and take up crozer chester offer or should i go for match and try my luck? just to help u in giving me a wise suggestion, i have exp in peds in home country and my creds are 94/95/cs pass/step3 result waited.
any input would be greatly appreciated.
i would only get the prematch if its in the top 3 of my list. i have also had a dilemma like that because i'm also looking at some of the hospitals you mentioned. In the end, i took the prematch at my hospital because of the location (safe, laid back, has a population that I wanted, good community support for minorities like me), program (takes good care of residents, allows outside rotations, has VERY good residents as some had pediatric training already), and feedback from residents.

If you like the idea of doing your morning rounds and inpatient rounds and living in that area, then take the prematch. If you still have doubts, then it means something.
thanks arachidonate,
i appreciate your input. Can u tell me, where shud i put crozer chester in comparison to maimonides, suny downstate, chom, lincoln, lich and bronx leb etc?
thanks
i intervieded in crozer chester but i was not impressed at all by the program. they do have amgs which suprised me a little bit and a lot of amgs interviewed with me. so i might be wrong
what was ur impression of the program.
the place for sure sucks, unsafe area and ur credentials are great.
but its your choice.
chom, maimonides and suny are all great programs.
and as for prematch if i had 15 interviews and it made it to my top 5 id take it.top 40% considering the so called competitiveness of this years match.
oh, I did not apply there.

I did at SUNY and CHOM. They are equally good but sine I cannot imagine myself living in NY all by myself, I prefer Detroit, the second most dangerous city in USA! Most rank CHOM first then SUNY. As for crozer chester, I really don't know. Smile
Hi bonjour,

Go with your gut and grapple with your 'inner' voice. You are in a quandary where the facts end and feelings take over. This is because no matter how you look at it or crunch the numbers you'll never know whether you'll match. You can only have strong feelings which way it will go. So it's your choice.

Personally, I was involved in a similar situation and decided to go for match. I just believed that "If you don't take a swing, you can't hit the ball out of the park".

thanks a lot guys for your reply...has anyone else interviewed at crozer chester? how did u find the program? please reply as I need to tell them today abt prematch offer. I really appreciate all the inputs....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »