Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did anyone sign a prematch in psychiatry? - angelgirl
hello,
i am a silent observer of this forum.i appeared in 4 psy interviews but got no prematch offer,please tell me if you have signed one and where?
is it true that female applicants in psychiatry are not considered seriously?
Hi angel girl..i dont think female applicants are not considered seriously..in fact i feel program directors want to hire female applicants..but in the end it all depends upon how u perform on your interview day....since psychiatry all depends on communication skills...after u give your interview..u yourself can tell whether u gave a good one or not!

in contrast to other residencies psychiatry P.D' are in the look for good communication skills.
as for me i attented 4 interviews too...
waiting to match
GL
hello,
I had applied to psych as well and I am female. There is nothing like gender discrimination in psych as you were told it all has to do with your communication skills and rapport w/ IV. It is also very important that you had USCE in psych, as you know psychiatry is seem different from country to country, they want to make sure you know how it works in US, couple of friends got prematch ( including females) I did not but i only applied in the state of CA and here is really really hard to get a prematch. But my IV went very good and I am confident.
well I wish you luck ..................
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »