Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marfan vs. Ehler-Danlos? - luay
Would someone be kind and post few lines that includes major keywords/buzzwords that direct us to the answer in boards questions that requires us to differentiate between Marfan and Ehler Danlos syn. ?

what keywords should i look into the stem of the question that will make me sure that it's this one not the other?

thank you
yes ... this is imp.... never got a clear ans b4... guess marfans asso with lens/heart/aorta/ arachnodactyly
i WILL ELABORAT Eok..LET ME TAK EMY MOM TO WORK AN DIN 20 MIN i WILL WRITE ok ?
lol sure, take ur time! thanks
Marfan's Syndrome defect in FIBRILLIN, Ehlers -Danlos Syndrome Defect in Collagen.They are predisposing factors for Dissecting Aneurysm-both an dthe rest I will write later, OK
Now tell m ewhat is FIBRILLIN ? nad what type of Colagen is involve din EDS ?
Also I know about Marfans that MVP is the earliest valvular lesion that can cause sudden death..still thinking for the rest
Marfans=Lens Dislocation =aortic dissection + joint hyperflxibility, arachnodactilly
I will look for more...
I will Marfans =AD, tall stature..long fingers
Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) consists of a group of mendelian disorders characterized by defects of type I and type III collagen synthesis and structure. Clinical findings include hypermobile joints, aortic dissection (most common cause of death), bleeding into the skin (ecchymoses), and poor wound healing
tx , por wound healing beacsue of the collagen deficit as well as vit C deficiency or Zn deficiency or what ????????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »