Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pre-match at Jamaica hospital.. - gentamycin
Is there anyone who got pre-match offer from Jamaica hospital for IM residency in NY?
I got it and signed it..
Congradulation! Gentamycin.
I have iv in im there. please tell me about your interview experience. What do they look for usually? cause I need a prematch also!!!

thanks.

Hi, Hardworkers...

They takes 50 Q MCQ test at 9am,.. excatly same as step2 CK exam. all are easy one. no jump questions. I am not able to remember all Q because I have an IV on 4th December. 6-7 questions are related to vasculitis, 3 questions are related to PUD+Gastric Lymphoma, CAD, dyslipidemia, DM+HTN, DM+CAD,... This test is not that hard. After this test one of faculty will take your interview ... than one of resident will take you for hospital tour individual candidate. even this resident also asses you. after this at 12 they have noon conference with lunch. at 1:30 or 2 Dr.Punsker (PD) will talk with you. He is really very nice person. No medical Questions in IV. but they take 50 question MCQ test.

They look your communication skill, your medical knowledge(with 50 Q test), your personality. and they also looking for...are they comfortable to work with you 3 years.. that's it.

This is community base hospital. No fellowship position. they have a lot many asian consultants and residents in the hospital.

Good luck.
Is there anyone who got pre-match at jamaica Hospital,NY.?
hey,gentamycin.when was ur interview there?
i wonder cos they didnt offer me.
hello I have accept it... but wt about fellowships........ drpuravmp......
this place is a dump....full of IMGs only.....with no US CE
Do they sponsor J1 / H1 ??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »