Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What this means? - harry99
PD responded to my thank You letter saying

"I'm glad you had a good visit here and you came away with a good impression. It was a pleasure meeting you . Congratulations as you finish with your interviews.
Best regards,"

What this means?
not everything has a hidden meaning, but he is clearly polite.
It's agood response. My PD response this way. What does it mean?

"Thank you for your concepts, I can assure you we held you in high esteem, Best wishes to you"
thats a gr8 response.
The first PD is polite.
Shahina, this PD is giving you clear hint that they will rank you high.

That's my 2 c
actually it's really difficult to explain the meaning of these sentences, I guess there are lot of hidden hints and clues behind these words, you have to interpret it along with other factors like PD's behavior during IV, etc.
Thans chcentaur. Just I got another respose from different PD.

"Thank you for your kind remarks and good luck on the match!"

I think this iis just formal response. Right? But you know I sent PD 1 thank you letter,and 1 regarding ranking he responded both of my letters.
shahina,
I was kidding in my previous post here... I think these kinds of messages from PD are just formal thank you messages, some of them send these emails, some of them don't. if the PD mentions that he/she will rank you high, it can be considered as a positive message, however still you can not consider this message as a guarranty. Lot's of tensions and stresses makes people so sensitive and paranoid, they try to discover something out of simple and ordinary things and keep themselves busy.
As a general rule, do not pay attention to recieve or not to recieve of these messages from PD and rank your programs according to your preferances.
The helpful guy; necker, posted many informative replies to these kinds of questions before in this forum, you can search & read necker's posts here as well.
Thanks a lot chcentaur. I would like to get your feedback regarding ranking of my Program.

1.Meharry medical college IM
2.Texaus tech Elpaso Pediatrics
3.more house Ob/gyn
4.,Milwaukee WI Ob/gyn
5.Tenesse, memphis Psychiatry
6.Lousiville , kentaky Psychiatry
7.Mount saini OB/gyn
I'm sorry shahina, I have no idea about these programs in general , but I think you had better to rank these programs in 4 groups according to your preferred speciality at first,
then rank programs in each speciality group.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »