Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An early suggestion please - doc0866
Dear Fellows,

I'm hoping to appear CS in last week of July,07 and hoping to apply for 2008 match. I know that I'll not be able to apply to programs before 1st or 2nd week of October, as I want to apply after with my ECFMG certificate. Do you think it will be too late by that time to get IVs in community/ university affiliated community hospitals? It may sound silly but please I need your wise opinion and suggestions.

Regards to all
Dear doc0866 - if you're pretty confident that you'll pass CS in July, you shouldn't wait for the results/ECFMG certificate & should apply to programs by the 1st week of September - this will get you the maximum no. of interviews since you'll be an early applicant. I did something similar so i feel I can advise you on this with confidence. I had taken Step 2 in late August but still entered the Match in 2nd week of September - I already received 3 interview calls (including 1 uni. program) even before my Step 2 score & ECFMG certificate came out. You shouldn't wait. With the high volume of applicants, the sooner you get your application in, the better for you. Also, ECFMG updates an applicant's status everyday so programs get to see the changes every day - so they'll be seeing your CS Pass result & ECFMG status even before you get it in the mail. Hope this helps. Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »