Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is second look social? - glassplus
is it set at a public museum from 11:00 am -2:00 pm. i got several questions.

1. is it a lunch party?
2. what will be on the social? just casual talk b/w staff and applicants?
3. any questions or activities?
4. what should i wear for it? on my iv day, i wore dark suit with a serious looking tie. on this 2nd look social, can i wear light-colored suit and light-colored tie? i dont think dark suit fit the situation well.

any advice? especially someone who had such an experience? thank you in advance.
also, it is ok to ask the PC or my host resident?

by "light-colored" suit and tie, i meant the ones we usually wear for vacations. i am not familiar with american life style, so any sincere input is highly appreciated. thanks again.
I'm not familiar with a second look social....so I cannot answer your questions, but I'll give some suggestions...

Overall, I don't see any harm in calling up the secretary and asking about the day...just get a little information from him/her.
-what will the day be like?
-does dress matter?
Afterall, it's not like you this application/interview thing everyday of your life....

..the fact that it's set at public museum means that they really want to get to know you as a person. In other words, they want to gauge you in a social setting....no doubt the questions and activities will mirror this...

GL
thanks for the advice, vitriol102,

since it will be held at museum, i think suit would be appropriate. but light colored casual suit with a tie or dark colored suit with a tie like in interview?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »