Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
criteria for ranking? whats the consensus?... - drhabib
what criteria for ranking? based on what criteria or factors are being used to rank? whats the consensus here? thx...
anyone???....
Criteria of programs to rank candidates? or the other way around?

Each program have its own method, but in general, the performance at the interview is very,very important. Even more than the credentials.

Candidates should rank according to how they felt at the interview, how they feel they will fit at the programs. how the programs can help you achieving your goals, etc. In most cases, ranking is something more personal than underwear. Nobody can tell you what to do.

Good luck
thx necker....had ivs in IM and FM, do I rank one ROL or separate ROLs?...
It is only one ROL.
thx necker....have another q....i got some positive replies from the email response to the ty letter...should i rank these programs high or higher than the other ones? wondering....
You should make your rank list according to your PREFERENCE rather than the program's email responce to your thank-you letter.
GL
criteria: from most important
1) program director connection
2) associate program director connection
3) Faculty member from same department connection
4) faculty member from another department connection
5) a cheif resident connection
6) being a resident's husband or wife
7) a resident's connection
8) usce
9) research experience
10) us lor
11) completing residency in your home country
12) usmle scores
13) being really good and deserve that position
ofcourse this is the criteria for the programs in ranking applicants
ok thx karasheh...what is your source of info?...from this criteria, im assuming that connections play a major or the most imp role in ranking programs and being ranked by programs....correct? any other info, on how programs rank or what criteria?....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »