Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz advice - bats
iam a fmg , got a 1 yr multiple entry visa frm india, stayed in usa for 5 mnts last time, now in 2 visit, my stay is till 20 feb but i wanna stay till match. plz guide me if i shd get my saty extended , if yes, will it have any -ve effect on my visa history? plz help me out iam too confused.
I too am applying for an extension of my visa till Match but I myself don't really know of how good or bad that is. But people on the forum and a few others did say that if it is rejected, then your visitor visa is cancelled forever but if accepted, then it shouldn't have any negative impact on further visits. To reduce the chances of rejection, make sure you write a good cover letter explaining why you wanna extend your stay and submit all necesaary documents in perfect order. I am not sure if stating that you wanna stay for the Match/Scramble is a good idea(someone on this forum strictly advised against doing so) but I know of people who have stayed back for their interviews.
This is all I know but not outta personal experience. It surely is a li'l risky.
HI GUYS , I had nearly the same problem but 50 days before my visa end I sent extension application . I advice every body no to break the law cause you need to change the visa . you know what I called them and i told them if they want me to leave tommorow i will leave tody
Hey arafat,

I am sorry but I din really get you.
"I advice every body no to break the law cause you need to change the visa"- change what visa? do you think that extending the visa is breaking the law?
Please clarify.
Thanks.
arafat, plz explain what u have said, i cant get it.
thanks for ur input abc_1, plz be in touch
is applying for an extension against the law ? if its so, then why do people go for it?plz advice , my stay is till 20 feb
DEAR , I said do not breake the law by staying in USA more that the period that homeland security gave it to you because by the end of this trip you need to change your visa to either h1 or j1 so you have to apply to extension as early as possible because it take more than 2 months to reply on your application . according to uscis.com they prefer it 45days before the end of the date the you should leave , I hope you got it !!
When Should I Apply?
We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires, but the USCIS Service Center must receive your application by the day your authorized stay expires.
This is what USCIS says.
It is risky hence it's your personal choice, bats.
bats, do keep in touch and let me know what you decide. my email is aquamarinedoc.
all the best!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »