Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we re-apply next year after matching this yr? - usamle
Hi guys,

I talked to many friends abt this; pls help me with what-ever information u have.

Is it possible to go into some other programs the next yr after matching this yr? My info is that it depends on the program where u r doing residency. My q are:

1. can we re-apply thr' NRMP? I mean is it legally ok?
2.Do the program allow us to go leave that program?
3. How tough/possible is that?
All your suggestions and experiences are valuable. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
1. no.. you are bound to acgme and nrmp once matched
2. yes
3. basically when you apply to new prog its a new cycle.. same things lors/usmle scores/ etc.. plus the fact that you left one program then you need explanation to give..

its not really a good situation..
I agree with bharat; u'll need to provide an explanation for leaving u'r current program and a letter from u'r current PD for allowing u to leave with full credits.
yes punjabi2.. explanation for leaving current prog is the biggest problem for anyone because a PD can make life miserable for anyone leaving his/her program..
its not illegal and possible to do. it may seem tough. but i know many people who did it.
I am so amazed on how people can think of ways and means so get to where they want to go. But I think this plan will be complicate things that are already complicated in first place.
Yes, you can re-apply and it is legal if the contract is for 1 year. However the concern is with the ethical aspects.

Let me turn the question around: How would you feel if a program fired you after 1 year?

cheers and good luck.
what if the program is prelim can u reapply for pgy1 again and use your prelim as Usce
yes.
Actually i am asking this question cuz didnt get any iv and i am planning on scrambling and assuming that it is probably easier to get a prelim positioniin im thru scamble than categorical .Do guys think so too .and does prelim actually increase my chances of getting a good program in 08 match
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »