Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guys who passed, what mistakes u did on ur exam? - hardworkforusmle
My mistakes:

Forgot to write Past Med Hist in 1st 2 cases but after remembering wrote very hardly on the remaining left space.

My writing was just OK in all PNs which I feel does not matter as far as it is undertandable and my writing was understandable as far as I feel.

Could not complete PE and could not do counsellling in 3rd case. Also had to wash and dry my hands again.

Forgot to ask Sexual history in 2 cases but due to my last question of "Is there anything more you want to tell me?" , I got saved in one but not in other.

Forgot to counsel for HTN in 2 cases.

My telephone history was not very organized although I asked all questions but got worried bcs of being little bit Type A personality and weak faith in Creator who I believe is really helpful if we keep on asking Him.

I draped all the patients b4 PE and in one case, I was about to forget to drape one patient but during the examination of his eyes and mouth, I realized and got saved from commiting the mistake of nt draping the patient.

In my 3rd case, the patient was angry and I had to wash my hands again as my hands were cold and wet previously and I could not complete my PE in that case. I just draped the patient again quickly so I dont leav the room with patient undraped. I could not counsil but when I was draping her back after incomplete PE, told her that I have to go to ER to see an emergency case but I will be back soon to do the reso of examination and to tell you abt your disease.
You can make lots of mistake and pass. For those who are waiting for result shouldn't worry too much. I got 1 elderly abuse but didn't pay attention on his arm bruise until I do PE, so I'm rant out of time. Try to do basic stuff like wash hand, introduce, drap, conclude, ask them if they have question, answer challenging question....and you will be fine. Remember stay calm. I have a challenging Q that I ask mother bring her chil to the clinic but she can't due to she just start her new job 2 weeks ago, I ask GrandMom to bring the child, but said that GrandMom can't drive, I ask to call a taxi, mothe state that her Mom has to take care another 2 kids. I ask her Mom call taxi, bring all 3 kids to the clonic, and when they arrive here I will ask the nurse to help her with 2 other kids while grandma stay with me in the room with the sick child....So stay calm and solve the problem to the end. They want to see how you handle the problem.
GL

Congrats for your success, and wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

I wish that many others will contribute to this post as i found it great and helping.

GL,
Information
can i please have ur mail id to ask u doubts and advise
BUMP

THIS THREAD IS VERY INFORMATIVE
I did the exam today>if I passed I will tell my mistakes.Lot and Lots of mistakes
this is helpful,,,
thank u ...
excellent post pl contribute more
Dear All,

Pls. Can anybody email me with UW notes in PDF or where can i download that notes?

Pls email ur response to my email alfredlamee

Thank alot

I am a bad actor,
but I tried my best to believe those sp, though I was talking to them as we know we r both acting !!!
*I had lots & lots of mistakes, I can't remember all of them ;
*I forgot to counsel all smokers in the exam ( ~ 3 pts )
*I forgot to offer water for 2 coughing pts
*I had 2-3 wrong 1st diagnosis
*I even repeated some questions !!!
*I didn't have time to write the physical examination in one case

BUT,,,
>I knocked all doors,
>I smiled
>called all pts with their names,
>asked all pts if they r comfortable or if they need any thing before i start,
>took permission to drape them before staring not to forget doing so ( & to release anxiety at the same time)
>asked all pts for permission to set & write notes ( so lost eye- eye contact was permitted ) they all agreed
>tried my best to show sympathy ( it was not easy cause i couldn't forget they were acting!!),
>used PAM HUGS FOSS in 10/12 cases
>wash my hands and asked if the pts had any question or wanted to tell me any thing else at the same time ... most of them asked me the challenging question at that time, that saved time, i answered some pts immediately, some while examining them, and some at the end... ( i answered difficult questions after examining the pt)
>I did only general physical examination & targeted examination according to each case..
>told pts my impression, my advice, my plan, and asked them to call me at any time if they had any questions...
>closed most cases before or on time ( I told one pt that I had an emergency but i was almost done )..
>thanked them all ( with a smile )

>>my notes,,

--it was handwriting ( acceptable )
--started with DDx & investigations then Hx according to PAMHUGSFOSS also and then the physical,,,

Oh & i studied for a month, 3-4 hrs each day ( i have kids you know )
FA this forum & digitaldoc...

all thanks to Allah...
and to Drs in this forum...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »