Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I failed in Houston. MATCH gone - sal72
WHEN i WAS READING MY IMPRESSION WAS THAT YOU DID FAIL ON PT NOTES MAYBE SIMPLY FOR THEM THE WRITING WAS "NOT LEGIBLE " or how did you write by a standard template or what ?
sal72 you seems to be a very brigth doctor WHO REALLY CARES an dyou are GOING to BE A GRETA CLINICANS beacsue yoiu really CARE an dyou have the drive..NOW this CSA MAY SLOW YOU DOWN , BUT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STOPE YOU...SO AS YOU SAID CHANGE YOUR STRATEGIES AND YOU WILL ICE THAT PN and AS YOU SAID FOCUS ON THE CHIEF COMPLAINT...

So tomorow is a NEW DAY and KEEP GOING BECASUE AMERIKA NEED DOCTORS LIKE YOU....A REAL DOCTOR ....
So there you mak emy day now to see that someone really really compassionate about his carrier..
My respect to you
Hi Shad. Thanks for your words. I belive I may need a month or two to retake the exam but anyway it would be for the next match, therefore I am actually plenty of time. Unfortunately my visa is going to expire and so I found myself moved from the perspective of 4 years of residency in the States, to the reality of having to leave the States in 4 weeks, after three years of exciting research activity. A kind of a shock, isn't it????
I would like to ask you a question: since data gathering and patient note were scored exactly the same, where do you think I failed? My impression is that I did not ask the right questions. I am a physician from a while now in my country. Maybe I had to ask more questions even though the diagnosis was clear to me after few answers.
I guess the fact that the diagnosis was clear very soon, made me shifting from the main complain too soon. I did it, trying to gain some time to explore bad habits (alcohol, smoking......) as well as to make sure of having a full family h, past med and surgical h, medicine and allergy h and so on. I guess the balance was not exactly the best.

Jovana: I feel my writing might have been difficult to read, not for bad hand-writing but because I tried to stick too many words in a limited space. Probably I had a very detailed history but there were too many words and too little to read easily. Again: since DG and PN were scored the same way, I'd like to know what you think my mistake was. Thanks.
sal
let us know what subject you have problem we will discuse.jovana would like take a history and i would like to write pn.
OK no problem we are a team...
I am proccesing everything in my headc now regarding your situation an dI will tell you my opinion wrigth or wrong ,OK ???
Not sure you're asking for systems (heart, lungs, ...) or for a specific clinic scenario? Please let me know.
sal72,
Base don what you have just told me I bealive the following :
1.that you do NOT have a "template " in your mind for specific questions regarding the chief complain
2.you hav eto remembre that here in the U.S. especially ECFMG waht things certain way, we are thougth that we order the chipest thing for the purpose of the exam , but w edo aniother when we prcatice...
3.make sure if you do NOT like Liqoor or SIQOOR , you design your own one, but has to have the components of pain
4.remeber that those pt are thougth to be focus on the focuse dthings that we need to ask them and seems like DUE to your nature that you really want to "explore " other things -alhoho or whatever then you either "forget " to ask the main things or the pt is so 'OVERWHEELMED " of you asking so many questions that they will simply be "confused " and they will FORGET that you may even ask them what you suposed to ask them..that is WAY we need to make the things SIMPLE and imagine thos epeopple ar ethere all day and YES this test is kind of "subjective " BUT this is waht it is ..we can't change that, but what w ecan change is that We nee dto play by their rules and when you are in prcatice on your own then you will do it your way ( even in residency is alot of politics, here in the U.S. w eneed to thing and focus mor eon 'to be politically correct " then on the pt bealive me )

5.This is NOT about knowledge this is about ye scommunictaion which obviously you didn't have any problem..seems like you are likeable, good bedsite manners, BUT YOU NEED TO BE VERYU SPECIFICS AND not TO MANY QUESTIONS AN DTHEY have TO BE IN CERTAIN ORDER....organised and to the point...this is the same for PE ..first w enneed to do WHAT is FOCUS na dif you hav etime to do something els edo other PE..BUT still that is NOT nessary...

6.Regarding PT NOTE is the same ..you want to PUT so much in order to be corrcet BUT when someone is reading thos enotes ..they are going to say ..what is going ON...so it is BETTER to PUT LESS , then A LOT and end the end no one can read it and this is what I think.

So I will mak ethe scenerio an dShad will write pt notes which Shad is great and then you find something that is comfortable for you,BUT you follow the standard and Did you write something that you didn't DO ?
If you did that, Don't do it any more ,OK ???

Now regarding the research...CAN YOU ASK THE PEOPLE THAT SPONSOR YOU TO EXTEND YOUR VISA ..IT IS ONLY A LETTER NEE DTO BE SEND TO THE IMMIGRTAION AN DWHILE YOU ARE WAITHING UNTIL APPROVE DYOU ARE ALLOW TO STAY IN THE U.S. and IT IS BETTER TO STUDY WITH US NOW ,THEN WAIT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS ..
You rest 2 days WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT THIS and MOVE ON...
MY EXAM is February 22 , so let us ethis time via online writing an dreading and then you apply asap and go for it as soon as you get the date beacsue who knows in july sometimes poeple don't get some VIZA an dMAY some opening will SHO UP ..you never KNOW...
No time for waithing....what you can do TODAY don't leave it for tomorow and take this experiance as a good experiance and it is ONLY monay and I know it is expensive , but our proffesion is like that...so what do you think about this....

Do NOT go back and get a letter for EXTENTION ..they extend it for tree years and they can do it for litlle bit more..come on now.....

you seems to be charming and you can do it...BUT do NOT go over there looking "desperate " you know go an dask like a man or real woman...
Any questions ????????
Let's get back to work now with us....
Remmebre "Living well is thebest revenge """""""
whatever that has advantage for you.you need prove the first diagnosis and r/o the other d/d
ye slisten to shad and now did you out something what the pt said or you put something EXTRA on the pt notes ????????
Jovana,
thanks a lot for your inputs. I think you are right. I do believe that the points you raised are exactly the reason of my failure. I have paid the fact that I did not know the essence of this test (I might have been misled by the fact that in my country this exam is perfomed on real patients and not SP!). Unfortunately I did not have study-partners and I am not familiar at all with the USMLE standards. Things were pretty well with STEP 1 and ck becuase those were not subjectives exams. I guess I did not get from the reading of FA only, the sense that this step has to be also approached in an interactive "acting" mode with the SP. I thought that the only one who had to act was the SP. Based on what you say, I guess a memorized template for each scenario is absolutely necessary. Beside FA, what else do you suggest to read. How about UW? In addition (although you're right: I don't really like mnemonics), can you give a list of the mandatory once with the description of the meanings (I have seen things like PAMHUGFOSS, LIQORAA, amd so on.......). Can you give me a list of the "must Know it"? Thanks a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »