Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scramble question? - bold
i have few confusions about scramble.plz tell me,
what does it mean, UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS BEFORE SCRAMBLE? DO WE HAVE TO UPLOAD OUR DOCUMENTS OR THIS MEANS DOCUMENTS ALREADY UPLOADED BY ERAS CAN BE USE FOR SCRAMBLE? AND IF WE HAVE TO FAX OUR DOCUMENTS WHAT ABOUT THE LORs FOR WHICH WE HAVE WAIVED THE RIGHT AND ERAS WON'T RETURN IT BACK?
i dont underrstand why are we uploading (i don't understand this concept of "upload" as i asked in my 1st question) and faxing at the same time and how can we fax if we dont have our LORs.
probably my questions are stupid but i really don't know their answers. so i will be very thankful if any person who always wants to help others, help me out with this too.
Yes, the documents that are already uploaded on ERAS can be used by NRMP duing the scramble when u apply. If there are any other documents that u didnt use when applying to prgrams earlier, but wud like to use when applying during scramble (for eg. new LORs or old LORs that u didnt use), then u shd get those documents uploaded to ERAS too by assigning them to a program that u had already applied to, or by applying to a new program wid those documents.

As for the LORs that u waived the right to see, I guess u'd have to request the LOR write that u have to use the LOR for scramble and that he/she shd send u a copy of the LOR that he/she'd sent to ERAS. Other than that, I cant think of a way to get the LORs to fax them.

The reason why ppl upload and also fax the LORs is bcoz u can only apply to 30 programs thru ERAS... for the other programs, u have to Fax/email ur applilcations (ofcourse u may also fax/email ur application to progs u'd apply thru ERAS to).
thanks for replying?
i wonder if eras is not returning back the letter for which we have wavied the right and suppose we dont match this year can we use the same letter for next year or eras will discard it and we will have to request a new letter from letter writter?
If u'd selected the Return Of Document Service (RODS) option when u sent the docs, u will probably get those LORs back... am not sure though how it'd work for LORs where u waive ur right to c them. I guess u'd have to request a new one for the next year from he LOR writer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »