Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch offer and match: if you grab both, - goodluck07
what is going to happen?
I am applying for specialty. I was offered a prematch for preliminary year and signed the contract already. If I am matched into the categorical program starting from PGY1, what should I do? Is it possible for me to cancel my contract with the hospital who offered me the prematch?
Thanks a lot for your input.
Dr. Necker or other experts, please say something. I am waiting for your response to finalize my list. Thanks
Please commment on this if you experienced or heard about similar issued. I really have a big headache now.
as far as I know, if you have already signed a prematch contract for preliminary, logically you should not participate in Match for PGY-1 anymore, read your contract carefully.
Once you prematch you should withdraw from the match.

Because if you match here's a scenario that can actually happen: Both programs come to know about it and neither agree to take you and further report an NRMP violation.

It's hard to beat the system since everybody important have you AAMC Id.

cheers and goodluck.
NEVER ever do so ! I am afraid to even imagine the consequences of it!
Thank you, guys. I appreciate it.
Actually, some of my programs offer PGY1 (categorical) and some don't offer (advanced). This is why I grabbed PGY1 in case I am matched into a program without PGY1. It is better to clarify this issue with those categorical programs.
dont do this,u will land up iin trouble
Its violation of NRMP rules that if you match through it and refuse to join the program.Severe disciplinary action can be acted upon applicants.......one of which is permanent barring from participating in the match.I dont know why ppl keep asking such fundamental questions........dont ppl read the binding agreements before hand?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »