Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warning for ROL ! - drzx
Hi friends, please be warned that the opinions of other members of this forum on your ROL should be studied by you critically.

A friend of mine told me that last year her Rol was based on these discussions and only later she realised that it was a mistake and people had misguided her(probably for their own benefit).

So read the opinions but make the decisions based on your own views.
thanx. end of the day its our individual decision but no harm in getting opinion while we go thru this loooooooog wait.
lol I agree with drzx
Well... I guess there's people who need to be guided... and people who make their own way...

so...

there will be always people asking about everything before making any decission.
and people who just go careless of others opinions as long as they are sure of what they want and how to pursue it.

In this regard, who will have the greatest opportunity of ranking programs if not ourselves that visited the prog, talked with the director/faculty/residentes or visited the community/city?

Who elses can tell better than you which prog might be the best among those that YOU visited?

I dont get surprised that somebody realises that it was a mistake ranking upon other's oppinion... common sense.

Wink
i totally agree with drzx, there was 1 post i made regarding ROL, and 1 replied totally misleading advice. my advice is read the nrmp website and carefully read how match or any topic works.
Peace07, please post the link to your ROL query...
really, there's usually no harm in asking...
i get the sense that people on this forum have an idea of who can be trusted - there are people on this forum who are current residents (e.g. necker), others who have already clinched their spots via prematch, and some really cool people who always give positive, candid and enlightened advice (e.g. vitriol).

the nrmp website is quite explanatory, but this whole process is very complex - and a lot of people simply need that more personal touch of a good explanation from someone like them, who has had the experience of being in their shoes, passing through the same challenges and sussessfully navigating this complex system we have commited so much to.

that is not to say that some people aren't outright mischevious or even malicious; what we might do is to attempt to compile all the wrong, misleading advice into a single posting. we could also do same for the particularly useful nuggets that have been shared too.

as per ranking, my simple guide is to rank programs in the order of your preference, rather than in the order that you think they will rank you....and to rank every single program you interview with, except ofcourse any program that you'd rather sit at home for another year than attend
how do u know necker is current resident? He might be a fake
It is natural for people to be suspicious when there is competition,but the beauty of forum is there will always be a voice out there shouting caution

As for ROL list people can mislead you to a certain extent(if indeed that is true) but they cant stop you from matching if the programs rank you high enough

Sometimes this misleading stuff may not be so,cos you visit the same program and eveyone goes away with different perspectives.So it may be their perception of the suitation and not necessarily misleading

As per people asking for help,I thot i have a grip of my rol list but now i am struggling

But ROL list is always easy to make if you applied to one specialty and dont need visa,so you wont have a program of H1 j1, FM/IM/psych/Peds/Neuro
Also if you have Univ and comm programs on your list

I do hope we all we have a reason to shout for joy on March 12 and 15
error - you wont have a problem of H1, J1.....

I do hope we all will have a reason to shout for joy on March 12 and 15
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »