Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ecfmg status verification - vmt
I have passed all the 3 exams step1, ck and cs .. required for ecfmg certification. i have not been issued by a medical diploma by my med school yet (recently graduated 4 months ago).
i read in some previous thread that even if u are not ecfmg certified, but have met all the exam requirements of ecmg, ur nrmp shows -- "ecfmg status verified.".

my ecfmg status is still unverified.. and i called ecmg office they said i will be unverified till u submit ur medical diploma.. i had 4 interviews this year, i can still get matched, right ??
Hurry up and get ECFMG certified. Check NRMP website or call them to verify their rules, because I read somewhere, if you don't have it by Feb 21, NRMP will automatically withdraw you.
YOu have to get your diploma and get verified by ECFMG. Get your eCFMG certificate by Feb.21, otherwise you will receive an email from them saying that you will be withdrawn from the match because of the certificate.
i cannot get the diploma... the university where i graduated from in my home country has a convocation ceremony on 25th Feb.. so cant get the diploma before that.. i have a temporary provisional diploma.. should i send that ???

thanks tiger and fadd -- but i just read nrmp website faqs, and they say that after u fulfil the exam requirements, u will be ecfmg "verified".. and u do not need to be ecfmg "certified" to participate in the match...
so i was just worried why my ecfmg status is not verified !!!

again, thank u friends for ur fast replies
verified, means ECFMG has got all the paperwork back verifying your medical school records including your diploma. Without the diploma verification, you will not be CERTIFIED, check ECFMG policy in that regard. For example, I sent in all the papers from my side, and then ECFMG sent some paper to my school, I wasn't VERIFIED until my school sent back all those paper saying I existed, and indeed studied there and was graduated with MD degree, and my diploma was indeed issued on such and such date.

Check twice about NRMP rules on the withdrawals.
vmt...
by now ecfmg must have sent verification form to ur med school once or twice. ask ur med school to fill that form up, verify transcript and attach copy of provisional diploma; both verified by the dean- along with a letter stating that u hve completed all requirements to be confered med diploma. and u will be awarded ur diploma on convocation day.... and after that u dont hvae any obligations to be fulfilled in order to be graduated..... all should be sent in one envelop from ur med school dean's office...
GL
To add confusion to this thread here is my story..

I passed step1, step2ck and step2cs exams last year and got my MBBS diploma from India just last month (jan 2007). So I am not ECFMG certified yet, it will be atleast March or April before I get the ecfmg certificate. But my status on NRMP says 'VERIFIED' even though I am not ecfmg certified. When I contacted both NRMP and ECFMG, both of them said there is no problem for me in the match. I will NOT be withdrawn from the match as long as my status in nrmp says 'verified'.

VERIFIED means you have passed all exams required for certification ( does not mean you need to have the certificate in hand right now, but you definitely need to have the certificate by July 1). But each residency program make up their own rules whether to rank applicants who do not have a ecfmg certificate by feb 21.

In my case, Meharry Medical College, Nashville and Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans have said they will not rank me if I cannot provide them the ecfmg certificate by feb 21. On the other hand, Forest Hills, NY and LSU New Orleans have said they have no problem in ranking me, but asked me to make sure I send them the ecfmg certificate by the end of june 2007.

Hope I did not make things more confusing...
interesting....!!
I was in ur shoes last yr... I had submitted a letter from my medical school stating that I will receive my diploma by.... and my status was verified.... but i was told by some prog that i would not be ranked if i dont have my certificate
hey thank you people that was helpful..

cosmos -- can you tell me, after how many days of ur last usmle step exam result was ur ecfmg status verified as seen on nrmp ??
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »