Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peads vs psych - human07
my credential r very bad and did not got a single interview this year i am an IMG now back to my home country and want to do something to increase my credentials such doing MRCP AND FCPS ,i think that if i give these exam in specific field such PEAD OR PSYCH and also get some personnal experience in these field ,is this will increase my chanches in those specific fields for next year or not.plz also tell which field has more chances as i think peads will be an good option.
YOUR ADVICE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
any advice guys
i tghink psych has better prospects.it has better opportunities,huge shortages,in demand and highr pay.
psych is better easier to get. better pay.
what about paeds is there is any chance with low score and attempts wsith mMRCP PART 1 AND EXPERIENCE IN MY HOME COUNTRY WILL IT EFFECT and increase my chances
the exam for Peds. is MRCPCH not MRCP.

I'm sure some background in the field will be appreciate but do keep in mind tht some programs have a graduation year cut off requirement as well.
then what should i do wast my ECFMG CERTIFICATION,i graduated in 2003 although enough time has passed but it is not that much that i should not try a second chance and what else i ca do to increase my credentials
guys plz give more input
please help guys
I dont know about any other field but yes, if you have experience in Psych and/or MRCPsych...its extremely beneficial.Also for most prgrams in Psych you are a fresh graduate within 5 yrs of graduation and but what you have done since graduation is more important than the number of years
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »