Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dear vitriol,kita,Dr.necker,frnds,need some advice - maranda
plzzzz help me rank these programs............

1)UTMB Austin
2)Methodist Dallas
3)maricopa medical center
4)univ of nevada at reno for internal medicine
Hey,

I'll assume they are all IM programs. Also, I'll assume that you're interested in fellowship.

I'm not really familiar with any of these program b/c I did not interview there. But I did some reasearch on some of these programs...so my information should only be taken an adjunct to the information you alread have.

I'd give more consideration to #4. I remember I researched the Las Vagas program and got a very bad impression. Didn't like that program at all. So, I'm wondering if the same applies to the RENO program. But I believe it's the main university program for the state of Nevada, so it probably has great funding and may have great fellowship opportunities. Out of curiosity, why did you rank RENO as #4??

UTMB Austin, when I reasearched this program, I felt that it's highlight is it's affiliation with UTMB Galvaston. In fact, even the website, tries to herald this fact. The reason I didn't apply there, is because stands in the shadow of the Galvaston program which may be its only claim. However, I think if that if they have Galvaston faculty then it may be a great program. Fellowship chances are most likely very slim.

Methodist Dallas, the location is great for this program. Like the previous program, it's a community program. It is supposed to be a great program. If I remember correctly, this is a very small program. Because of that it may be difficult for IMG's. Before ranking, it may be wise for you to look into how many IMG's they have. This maybe a very difficult program for IMG's to Match into...

Maricopa Medical Center, I'm not familiar with at all...but based, on it's website, it maybe the best program in terms of training and fellowship chances...

Hope that helps, I'd appreciate if anyone else who is more familiar with these programs would write something...

GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »