Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regarding license issues ????????? - pakipower
HI all

can anyone tell me that State license is a requirment for completing paperwork in US so we can apply for visa (H) back home ?

I know license is not a requirment for J visa and not even for H 1b visa in New york state but i want to know about Michigan, Illinois & PA.......

Thanks in advance
in ill and pens ...its must..lecense before h1..........not sure about michigon
Thanks Jut Smile

can u tell me how long does it take to make license in Pen and Ill, bcoz longer it takes, latest would be my visa application, which I certainly dont want. In Mi, licensure dept is pretty fast, they do that in 2 weeks.
Hi
Paki power

you can always file for your medical school verification part of license once you get your step 3 result. it will save you some time. So once you will have the match result you can go along with the program verification papers for the license.
Atleast now we know you have interviews from these big statesSmile
Good luck with your match buddy.
misouri license....60 days
pensylvania.........around 45 days
illinois.............around 45 days

not 100 percent sure

Illinois : 4-6 weeks, they recquire ECFMG certificate , usmle steps copies , Medical school transcripts original, and some forms to be filled in by the school , residency program and yourself. Fee of 135 $

Michigan: 4 weeks, they also recquire ECFMG certificate, degree and USMLE score report copies , forms to be filled in by medical school and residency program. No medical school transcripts are requried. Fee of course 170 $

New york : No license recquirement.

Philadelphia: Trying to find out their web page has some problemsSad

good luck to all.
Oh yeh..Paki power you are right about michigan , my friend is at WSU and his license took him almost 2 1/2 -3 weeks.

hi guys
senior ,thanks for the detail post about requirements......the part of some forms to be filled by med school is a bit scary though...will never know how long it will take

do u guys know any sites for free cme.......i tried freecme and did a couple of cme...but the certification time is 3 wks.....i just wanted to know is this the normal time it takes for certification of cme or should i try some other site....i need to know this coz illinois state requires some hours of cme.....and i dont want to be late

any help appreciated
Senior thanks man ...................... Good luck to you too.

One more thing : Can I apply for the medical school verification part of the lincense before match ??? I would come to know about the state after match so do I have to wait till then ?
Actually there are alot of candidates from my school who had some horrible Visa problems once they matched.
whatttttttttttt ????????

Illinois requires CME as well ???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »