Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H1B Dilemma.. Reply needed from experienced people - zombi
I was told that I can not come back to the US on H1B visa before 10 days of my expected start date. My contract mentions 1st July as my start date, while my orientation starts on 15th Jun. Can someone guide me what should I do in this situation? What happens every year with H1 people? do they miss the first half of the orientation? PLEASE REPLY. Thanks in advance.
Hate kita and your damn problem will be solve

poor zombi
I have the impression that H1B is valid since the first day that it is issued. The exact start date is a problem between you and your employer (not with USCIS). Obvioulsy, it has to be any day after your H1B approval. However, I don't think that there is such a thing as an "earliest date" to enter the country, linked to your starting date.
Any way, I would ask your consulate or visit USCIS website (www.uscis.org).
One way or another, you should bring ALL calendars, official documents and letters showing that you are starting on day X. They can be a pain in the neck at immigration sometimes, but if you show appropriate documentation, everything goes smoothly.
Actually, I was told by my lawyer the above fact that we cannot enter before 10 days of the anticipated start date. Anyone who has gone through this process?? please guide.

P.S. Kita.. you can read my reply in this thread, if you have time.
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=161089
That is true. My program sent a letter saying my start date was the 23 june, so I can enter on the 13, though the true strat date is july 1.... I think that's the way to get around it. But now that you say it, I'll have to check.
Dear msfc,

Can you please let me know once you find out the answer? You can either post on this forum, or preferably email me at zombirules Thanks a million.
Anymore suggestions?
zombi you have been peddling this vicious rumor that I hate indians.Please proof it and if you cannot proof that then apologise and keep quiet

It is a shame that you are make a baseless accusation,I have asked you time without number to show me how I have hated indians,but you failed to do so.

Do you think it matters whether you hate Kita,it is to your disadvantage to hate kita

GL
kita, where r u from?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »