Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROL help - calivirus
Which one to rank higher:
University program with J1 or Community with H1?
People say it is not difficult to find waiver jobs in Peds so what is the harm in going for a J1?
Thx.
anybody
what do u like coffee or tea??
H1 is a way much better than J1 if you plan to stay in USA. However, I don't know much about waivers in Peds. One of my friends had a hard time to get a spot in vascular surgery. He has just started it and it seems to be going well, but he suffered a lot to get that.
You will have to use other criteria to decide - if it is a damn good univ. program versus a mediocre community one, I would take the risk of J1, probably. If they are comparable in your criteria, then I would go with H1.
Thx atlanta 2006, the uni programs r very good so I just feel a bit uncomfortable ranking them low. At the same time J1 is a scary choice even though everyone I talked to said that waiver jobs r not difficult to get. This whole procedure is freaking me out, hopefully we will match. Thx again for ur input.

docrahul my preferences is coffee, wud u like to join me at starbucks? I am under a lot of stress at this time like other forum members as well, in case u find posts irritating it is better not to respond rather than responding the way u did.
Hi calivirus,

These are hard days for all of us, but it seems that you have good options and that is great. It seems that you are leaning towards the Univ program. If that is the best option for you, just go for it. You will have at least 2 years to work on your waiver (starting contacts, knowing where are the best places, etc). Don't be scared. You will get there.
P.S. You should not drink coffee, if you are already stressed! (lol). At least take a decaf...
Good luck
thx again atlanta, u brought back that lost smile. I will follow ur advice abt decaf.
gl to u as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »