Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call from PD - mikaela
PD called me up late last week but I missed the call (was in a conference at work). He left a message saying I would be ranked very high by the program. He left his # for me to call if I had any questions. I returned the call the next day but had to leave a message since he did not answer. I said that I would also rank the program high. Should I try calling again until I talk to him? I don't want to keep calling as they might get irritated especially at this very busy stage of the Match. What do you guys think based on your experience?

Thanks for any input.
I would advice just to write a mail, not to call anymore.
If I were you I will call again. They probably already heard your message but it is much worthy for you and the PD if you talk to him/her directly. I doubt they will get irritated. If the PD called you is because they really want you in their program. Try again.
GL
hey, they called you not evaluate your interest, but to express theirs. this means they most likely finished their ROL. whatever you do probably will not affect your position. so dont harrass them, just send an email thanking him for taking the time to communicate with you and express your interest in the program. after that just relax, and have fun,
most of the programs call only a selected list of applicants they are interested in,
bye, xenopus
Thanks, guys. I tried calling again but I got the PD's voicemail. I did not leave a message this time. I guess I will just email him again just to signify my interest.

Again, thanks FIONABELLA, MIMO, XENOPUS for your advice. Good luck to all of us!
is the PD from raritan bay medical center?
To Kolabear -

No, this program is in Pennsylvania. Why do you ask? Anyway, good luck to you!
call the coordinator and ask her to conver ur strong interest to the PD. also write a email to the PD. if u do have some genuine questions, try calling him few times. otherwise email will do.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »