Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another prematch offer-what should I do? - xanthochrome
Dear Dactors,

I had a prematch offers with H1 from one IM program and accepted it 2 weeks ago. I had 13 interviews and the program was probably #7 on my ROL. Today another program contacted me with a prematch offer and this program was one of the top three on my ROL! I'm lost what to do. I havn't signed the official contract yet, just signed the document for the intention of contract from GME office. Can I just blow off this previous prematch offer and take another offer? Is there any legal obligation? Thank you in advance.
i think you can not refuse intent document, you already sighned
A letter of Intent is a temporary Contract until the actual contract is issued. It is therefore a legally binding document. You should read the letter of Intent carefully and also read any other documents you have signed with your first program. There may be clauses in there which will give you insight into special circumstances about breaking the contract, and the possible actions the residency program may choose to pursue.
GL
hey xanthochrome who do u think u r??? Bruce Almighty.........how the hell did u get prematch offer after 31st Jan.......don't act too smart.........and don't try to show off that you r the only candidate all the programs r looking for. If you have already signed one prematch.....stick to that and don't try to bluff around that u got another offer
Dear stupidguy,

I didn't mean to offend anybody in this forum. I truly had a phone call from PD today about prematch. I was surprised too, I didn't expect that there would be anymore prematches. I was in panic cuz I really wanted to go to this second program and just wanted to get some advice to help me to meke a decision. I have 24 hrs to think about. Thank you all!
xanthochrome,

don't pay attention to this "stupidgay", he is jelous. read my posts here:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=160043

and

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=161148
talk to the PD of previous progra and explain him ur situation that u were under pressure when u made the decision. In this country u have to express what u want.
stupidguy

don't blame xanthochrome, some pograms have already reseved seats for prematch before submission of quaota deadline which they can give, and few like st barnabas show seats in match qouta which they alredy promised or signed to candidates.

I can understand what is going in xanthocrome mind b/c i am in a kind of similar situation as him, although i did sign contract but waiting for it but have a very bad feeling b/c of disorganized way of pg in paperwork and very good responses from pgs where i interviewed.
Dear xanthochrome I am really sorry for my harsh remark..... Actually I was so frustrated by similar kind of postings by others and they were simply fooling around. Again sorry for keeping u in the category of those people. U seem genuine so I would like to suggest that u should go for ur best choice. U can always walk off from the program and since u didn't get the position in match, it is not a violation of match either. GL
i mean did not sign yet
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »