Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how tough is this match!!!!ur opinion.. - res1234
what do u say abt this match!!!!!compared from last match...i know we got less ivs then expected...what u guys say...what u think is chance of matching this year...
multifactorial.
what factors can u think of!!!!the imp ones
Although there are many oppinions telling you that this match is tougher compared with the last years, I do not believe it is much different.

Maybe the only difference might be that:

1. There are more applications per candidate (I met someone whom applied to 170 prgs!).

2. Applicants chose more than one specialty under the filosophy of "BACK UP" in order to avoid going unmatched (even if these "other" fields are not much liked for them).

So, by the end of it, this two aspects may increase matching dificulty level for the average credentials due to a decrease of interview calls per applicant as pretty much the same great creds applicants are receiving most of invitations.

Just my appreciation.
Lets see what somebody else's share.
Wink
this is my first year, so i won't know the past. But one lesson I learned from my friends who had walked the walk before me, is that you need to 'Play the game, and play it smart'!

well it is tough but its going to get more tough in coming years due to visa issues around the world(uk).
i think the real game is post match.if there are number of applicantions per candidate and all programs invite bright ones then surely they are going to be short of candidates, i would
rather see a picture where some programs like im will also be short of candidates, because match is a process of homogenesity. If the number of applications per candidate increase then programs will need to think if they invite only bright candidates. the other thing why
post match is important is there are very less number of prematches this year compared to
last year. i think we just wait for postmatch to play a smart game where u need to be active
fast because u can find some surprises...for sure. guys hang on... even if u have 2 interviews
dont loose hope... because bright candidates will get matched or prematch and they are not
too many.
I heard that programs say that we have got epidemic of 90's but its only because people with scores in high 90 are more but it is because they are applying everywhere.
I have a friend of mine who had score of double 99 (but his step 3 is pending) but he took
prematch and withdrawn from 20 other interviews in first week of feb. He applied to over
165 programs.
So it all depends, but remember my words postmatch is going to be a challenge ofcourse
I am not trying to build hopes of you people with interview(infact I have none) but I am
just trying to give my honest analysis. best of luck guys in match
I agree with doc_india25
Post match will have more vacant seats and the competition will be even worse with so many scrambling applicants unmatched.
Happy Valentines Day !!
from
Ganja & Smart_doc
i heard somewhere that programs rank 5 people per position....so dont think tere will be a lot of unmatched programs thhis....and i also beg to differ that this yr a lot less prematches were offered.....infact i've realised that this yr its more
ur so rite ramjane.. they rank 5 applicants per position... and all the applicants they rank are usually the top 99/US Clinical Experience/UK Experience/Etc. So since there are more seats than such applicants, the unmatched seats would be more.

Ganja & Smart_doc
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »