Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology ROL...Please help - koolarchy
Pathology guys,

Please help me to rank these path programs..I am very confused ...any inputs would be appreciated..programs mentioned are not in sequence..

Washington University St. Louis
Yale
Vanderbilt
UPMC
Wayne state
Univ of Louisville

1 2 3 5 4 6
Washington University St. Louis
Yale
UPMC
Vanderbilt
Univ of Louisville
Wayne state
Thank you guys....where are other path people ?? Come on guys we had a great group here until last year..what happened since Jan ??
2 1 4 5 3 6

Yale is IMG friendly, but I do see foreign graduates faces in Washington University St. Louis in their recent year residency (maybe I am wrong). Program is good but does not mean you can get in. You'd better think about everything before you put your first choice, because many program can fit the spots by the guys who put them as top 1.
Are you saying ROL should depend upon how IMG friendly the program is ?? Is that the rationale for putting Vandy low on the list ??
I found that ranking is very personal. After you interview there, you should get some feelings about the program: education, clinical training, research, future career, etc. Most of the time we try too hard to impress the program and forgot to get enough information about the program. Except these important factors, many personal factors changed my ranking, sometimes even more important than the educational factors.
If you do not consider any personal factors, I agree with your ranking 123456.
"Program is good but does not mean you can get in."---this definitely should not affect your ranking.

BTW, kool, your list is very impressive.
If possible, I would prefer a non-img-friendly hospital.
i agree with hemocell. he really has fabulous ivs. better than having 30 ivs in community programs. cheer up man. u have done good job so far. can u again mention what are creds total? i mean research, scores, usce etcs.
Thanks Hemo...I appreciate your input.....Where is program head ??? How can he leave Path forum or just be a silent observer??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »