Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME scores plz advice.... - krebs
Am doomed frnds. i FAILED in nbme. i got a score of 290 which corresponds to triple digit score of 160!!!

I was out of studies for 2 weeks due to my fathers surgery. but even in UW my scores were around 55% . BUt i felt i was doin better in nbme and this was very unexpected.

PLZ GIVE A FRANK OPINION FRNDS DO U THINK I STAND ANY CHANCE IN STEP 1. I WAS AIMING FOR 90.
MY EXAM IN 2 WEEKS. CAN POSTPONE IT MAX BY ANOTHER WEEK.
BUT IS THERE A SCOPE OF IMPROVEMENT. ???? TELL THE TRUTH .... I WONT B DISHEARTENED.

WAT SHOULD I STUDY NOW?

First postpone your test for one week. Go through your notes (like Kaplan) especially your weak subjects. Read FA carefully. Then try to do another NBME form, if still low, extend your time.
which Form to take this time? CAN ANY ONE PLZ TELL IN THIS FORUM OF THEIR PERSONAL EXP WHERE THEY HAD A drastiC IMPROVEMENT IN 2 WEEEKS!!

is IT POSSIBLE???
first of all ........wishing your father a quick recovery.........i am kind of in a same boat......i had to be away from my study for 3 weeks.......now my scores in uw is sinking...... anyway........if you can extend it by only 1 week.........then you will have 3 weeks............do the fa very quickly in 2 days.......just to refresh your memory........and then go over the notes on your weaker areas....take another nbme.......next 7 days.....see where you stand...........takecare....keep me in your prayers
Hi aknms thanks for ur advice. wil pray for u. hope we all get what we r aiming for.
do u think its better o revise wat we hav already read in KAPLAN or READ the same thing from FA and try to memorise it in the last two weeks from it. can FA b effectively read in 2 weeks??
This forum is very good.... its like a family which will b there through our thick n thin.
i think if you have 3 weeks you still have time to go over your kap notes in your weaker areas......and doing fa is effective i guess is because its all high yield.......and if you have time do listen to goljan every day for an hr.......if you don't have time to go over the lecture noted.........well this is just my personal opinion as i haven't taken the test yet.........i still have 50 % uw q's left......some of q bank.........and a lot to finish......hopefully god will help me through.........takecare and thanks for the prayers......
I've done two forms of NBME and finished UW. I felt that NBME test lots of basic stuff and that's probably why you feel better doing that. I think you probably have done lots of tricky questions but forgot about the basics. I think you should know everything on the first aid and then try nbme before your exam to see how it goes. Otherwise postpone and don't rush to the exam without confidence.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »