Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternate options for foreign medical graduates - usmlewarrior81

Hey everyone. I am completely lost and I don't know what to do. Can someone shed some light on me and tell me what my options are. I am basically an American who graduated from a foreign medical school 6 years ago. Since graduating med school I have been working to support myself and studying for the USMLE exams. I passed the Step 2 CS exam on first attempt but failed USMLE step 1. I feel heart broken and I don't know what to do. I am considered an old graduate now and it's only going to get tougher for me to get into Residency. I am seriously considering an alternate career path. Can someone tell me what my possible career paths could be. Can I get an admission into PA school? I would be very thankful to any advice.
Hi,
I have same situation I am an old graduate more then 10 yrs i tried my luck three times for match but all fail.I have low scores 76,79 cs pass without any attempt i did pass step 3 with 89 and recently finished MPH.I am US citizen have some USCE I quit and left medicine field and decided pursue MPH but I am not satisfied and feel some thing lacking I really want to do medicine I really need some suggestion and motivation.Please email me any helpful info at jkhan1973. I would appreciate your help @ royalgeorge please inbox me any information i would appreciate your help.
https://www.change.org/p/robert-m-wah-md...y-for-them
thx
I just don't understand people who are willing to do everything just to stay in US, even if it means they won't be doctors aymore. is your goal to be a doctor or it is just a way to enter to the US ? if it was the fist option then you could simply go back to your country and do residency there , the goal for coming to USA is to have a better training and strenghten your knowledge, not lowering your level and becoming a nurse or a technician. Me personnaly if my country had the same education level and research facilities that are in US, I won't be even thinking going. and one more thing, your country needs you as a doctor more than USA needs you as a nurse, and this way you missed the chance for another indian who could helped your country better if he has your degree.
Anyone have any idea if we do online MPH or MHA from a good university like George Washington, will it have any effect on having a job afterwards.?
Anybody who has done online MPH or MHA from GW, please respond.
Also if anybody did MHA, could u please tell about job prospects
great info
ghx
thx for the feedback
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »