Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed! - anak
Hi,
I just got my score back for Step 1, which I took Feb 2, and I got a 183. Unfortunately, this is no longer a passing score as of Jan 1. I am completely devistated. And now I don't know what to do.
I have no idea how I got this score, I really thought I did better. I went through all of Goljan, plowed through First Aid, I took Kaplan and did the Qbank. I took the NBME exams and got a USMLE equivalent of 201, 191, and 198 on the 2,3, and 4 exams, respectively. On test day I was energized and stayed focused during the entire exam. The only thing I can think of is that I was running out of time during the last 10 questions of each section. I would find myself left with 7 min with 10 questions left. So timing was def an issue. But would this be enough to give me such a low score compared to my NBME scores?

I have to wait until May to take my exam. I need to do something different, but what?? Please does anyone have any suggestions?
probably u missed kaplan notes , u didnot mention
i am very sorry. i have no advice because i haven't taken it yet but just don't lose focus..

iamso sorry to hear that take a good break start all over again may be this time with more question .i dont what elso t say because i myself have not taken the board yet
Anak, this is a temporary deceleration of your path. But let it not discourage you in anyway. Take a short break and return with all the energy you can get. Focus on the pattern of questions in NBME - the relative strength of your areas would be highlighted. Please use that as a guide for your prep!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »